Virtually getting the picture
- Put it in furniture. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;01/29/99, Issue 5123, p16
Explores the implementation of some information technology systems in the British furniture industry. Nature of furniture manufacturing; Modules for accounts, order processing, inventory control, manufacturing and distribution; Business processing; Benefits of using computer-aided design (CAD)...
- B-home looks to develop products. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;06/04/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p27
Reports the formation of B-home Furniture Solutions, a product development company for furniture retailers. Development of private-label furniture programs; Use of Computer-aided Design drawings in quality control; Access to a range of process, finish and production-run capabilities.
- Take traditional design tools outdoors. Blake, Marcia // Casual Living;Mar2009, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p47
No abstract available.
- New 3-D online design tool offered by ViewIT. // Furniture/Today;3/26/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p210
The article reports that demonstrations and information about www.3Dream.net which offers three-dimensional design tools online will be available at the furniture industry trade show and exhibition in High Point, North Carolina. Retailers and designers can customize designs with the tool using...
- Hettich offering service package. // Furniture/Today;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p108
Reports on the offering of the Selection 1.3 service package, a computer aided design-supported hardware catalog from furniture supplier Hettich in Georgia. Additions of folding and sliding door systems and plug-in technology; Availability of the software; Contact information of the company.
- The use and implementation of CAD in the Swedish furniture industry. Hagström, Lina; Ritzén, Sofia; Johansson, Joachim // Forest Products Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p73
This paper reports the results of and conclusions drawn from a questionnaire survey concerning the use and implementation of computer-aided design (CAD) in the Swedish furniture industry. The main question areas were how far the Swedish furniture industry has progressed in the use of CAD in...
- CAVE Exploration. Trauthwein, Christina // Kitchen & Bath Business;Apr2009, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p50
The article offers information on Computer-Aided Virtual Environment (CAVE), a technology that innovates the kitchen and bath product development process. The technology is a highly sophisticated system that marries optics, electronics and software. It is a projection technology that creates a...
- Custom for the masses. Kaffer, Nancy // Crain's Detroit Business;6/2/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 22, pM23
The article reports on the Context Furniture of Kerry Moore and Bryce Moore's Design Democracy 2008 collection in Royal Oak, Michigan. It states that the Context Furniture are adherents from the idea called "mass customization," the concept of technology and computer-aided manufacturing...
- Program to put sales in the picture. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;2/4/2005, Issue 5424, p25
The article focuses on the importance of computer aided design in the furniture industry and trade. Computer aided design (CAD) has been a mainstay of kitchen retail for many years, and has filtered into bathrooms. The success of fitted bedroom manufacturers such as Hulsta and Nolte suggests the...