Harveys' formula beats tough trading times with sales up 61%
- Templeman warns on independent's sourcing. // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p3
Focuses on the warning issued by Harveys and Rob Templeman about the possibility that independent furniture retailers may face difficulty sourcing from Great Britain as manufacturers respond to increased imports.
- Are we on the edge of recession? Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;07/10/98, Issue 5096, p1
Opinion. Focuses on the growth strategies of furniture retailer Harveys in the wake of economic difficulties faced by the furniture industry of Great Britain. Plan to add new product lines to increase its average sale; Outlook by Rob Templeman, Harvey's managing director, on the market.
- Harveys boss quashes rumours of ditching Kingsbury brand name. // Cabinet Maker;02/26/99, Issue 5127, p3
Reports on the announcement by Rob Templeman, managing director of Harveys, that the Kingsbury brand will not be replaced by Harveys in response to rumors that the Kingsbury brand will be axed. Target markets of the brands; Templeman's comment on the performance of both chains.
- Harveys takes more aggressive stance on value. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p1
Reports on the plan of Harveys to become aggressive in its price and product features in the furniture market.
- Harveys greenbridge retail park. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p13
Evaluates the Harveys furniture store based on its design and fixtures, customer service and sales skill of its salespeople.
- Harveys set for transformation. // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p4
Reports that Great Britain-based furniture retailer Harveys Furnishings will undergo a transformation to include contemporary furniture and lifestyle products.
- Sales drop at Harveys as slowdown kicks in. // Cabinet Maker;3/28/2003, Issue 5330, p1
Reports on the financial performance of furniture maker Harveys Furnishing PLC in Great Britain as of March 28, 2003. Decline in sales; Pre-tax profits; Growth rates.
- Harveys' French disconnection. // Cabinet Maker;06/26/98, Issue 5094, p5
Reports that Harveys has disposed of Maple Europe to a management team of former Kingsbury directors Simon Bee and Robert Adams. Types of furniture which the company retails.
- Harveys bucks the trend towards falling sales. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p3
Reports on the sales performance of British furniture retailer Harveys in the six months ended October 1998. Sales performance of the firm's major rivals; Like for like sales in the mezzanine floor segment.