Medicare isn't going away
- Medicare general enrollment, more info. WATKINS, VICKY // Native American Times;1/21/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p5
The article provides information about Medicare general enrollment in the U.S. including parts of the medical insurance program, eligibility and exceptions to eligibility rules.
- Lack of funding still a problem. // Finweek;10/7/2010, p38
The article focuses on the budget deficiency concerning the healthcare system in South Africa, wherein, according to the author, collaboration between the public and private sectors is needed to support the national health insurance (NHI).
- Self-injectable medicines touted. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p26
Comments on the coverage of Medicare in the U.S. Overview of Medicare; Importance of Medicare on the Americans; Need of immediate coverage for innovative therapies of Medicare beneficiaries.
- OIG: DME Supplies for Home Dialysis Cost Too Much. Raflo, Brook // HomeCare Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p16
Reports that Medicare beneficiaries with end-stage renal disease may use supplies from dialysis facilities rather than from durable medical equipment providers in the U.S. Equipment claims of users from 1996 through mid-2001.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Modern Healthcare;3/15/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p9
Presents statistics on Medicare margins for all hospitals in the U.S. for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2003. Increase in Medicare margin from 2002 to 2003; Percentage of hospitals that will post negative Medicare margins in 2004; Overall Medicare margin by hospital group from 2000 to 2004.
- Access for Dual Eligibles. Mitchell, Laurl // Pharmaceutical Executive;Apr2006, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p154
The article reports on the impact of the new Medicare prescription drug benefit or Part D plan on top pharmaceutical brands in the U.S. The dual eligible population or those Medicaid beneficiaries who also qualify for Part D have less access to the leading brands prescribed for seniors due to...
- Medical-Legal Update from the Joint Council of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. Aaronson, Donald W. // Allergy & Asthma Proceedings;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, preceding p1
This article presents medical and legal updates related to the Joint Council of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology of the United States. The council helps it's members to keep informed about a variety of developments related to the research and studies taking place related to asthma or immunology....
- Learn how to take advantage of Medicare benefits. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Malakoff News (TX);8/25/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 34, p4A
The article discusses the importance for every Texan to understand how to take advantage of Medicare and, in particular, the new prescription drug coverage known as Medicare Part D. Texans may call 1-800-MEDICARE for more information about Medicare benefits. The hotline customer service...
- Medicare Part D: Practical and Policy Implications for Family Physicians. Mallya, Giridhar; Bazemore, Andrew // American Family Physician;2/1/2006, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p395
Comments on the practical and policy implications of Medicare Part D for family physicians in the U.S. Criticism against the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit; Percentage of Medicare patients who had some prescription drug coverage before the passage of Part D; Education campaign...