Ice--the forgotten food
- Pushing Safety Limits. // Prepared Foods;Aug2003, Vol. 172 Issue 8, p56
Focuses on legal aspects involved in food safety. Situation in which food safety practices should be done to minimize public health risk and prevent regulatory violations; Need to validate the process with a challenge study when food processors venture outside safe harbor parameters;...
- Assessing risk in Eastern Europe. Stier, Richard F. // Food Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p19
The article highlights the food safety problems being faced by nations in Eastern Europe, especially those that have joined the European Union (EU), as discussed in a program held in Romania entitled "Food Safety and Security: Global Holistic Approaches for the Future and Environmental Impacts"...
- Food Safety Fundamentals. Hartman, Lauren R. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Mar2011, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p38
The article offers the insight of bakery associations concerning the food safety fundamentals for bakers and snack food manufacturers.
- Making Food Safer. Hartnett, Michael // Frozen Food Age;Jul2003, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p42
Tackles a variety of safety-related issues facing the food industry in the U.S. Notions about food safety; Findings of a study on the efficacy of freezing in promoting food safety; Efforts of food manufacturers to improve food safety measures.
- Survey Identifies Global Food Safety Training Challenges. // Nutraceuticals World;Jun2013, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the results of the survey by Campden BRI and Alchemy Systems on the needs, effectiveness, challenges of food safety training in food and drink manufacturers and processors.
- Don't Trust -- Verify. Norton, Char // Food Management;Feb2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p68
Once the structure for a HACCP program is in place, one needs to verify that the system is working as intended. Once the monitoring procedures have been set for a HACCP program and identified specific corrective actions to take when there is a failure to meet established critical limits, the...
- Not Documented? It Didn't Happen. Sklare, Steven // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2012, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p64
The article focuses on the need for food safety and documentation at foodservice operations. It is noted that a food safety plan is needed for preparing food to be served to the public irrespective of the size of the foodservice operation. It is mnetioned that state health department officials...
- Getting the measure of critical concern. Hunt, Alan // Dairy Industries International;Oct2007, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p33
The article reports on the implementation of the new food hygiene regulations throughput Europe. The regulations are intended to harmonize national standards between the member states of the European Union (EU). It also seeks to apply a farm-to-fork approach to food safety for transparency and...
- One-party dictatorship still doesn't work, even for enlightened capitalist communists. Lam, Willy // East-Asia-Intel Reports;2/10/2010, p1
The article reports on the Chinese government's decision to establish an inter-departmental National Food Safety Commission and a National Energy Commission. It is stated that China's worst food-safety scandal was in 2008 when more than 300,000 children developed kidney stones after drinking...