- Asian Persuasion. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of food and nutrition experts on the introduction of Asian ingredients in the menus of schools and universities in the U.S. Reasons for the implementation of the initiative; Consideration of the initiative as a way of understanding Asian culture; Health benefits from the...
- Diversity Runs DEEP. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on developing diversity in menu planning in the United States. Introduction of international menu series in school food service; Value of acknowledging diversity as a business resource; Development of in-house diversity initiative by Sodexho Marriott Services. INSET: Diversity: A Green...
- Twitter feed. // Governors (DfES Publications);Fall2009, p4
The article reports on the move of Somerset, England-based schools to post their updates on lunch menus at Twitter.
- SCHOOL MENUS. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/14/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 41, pA5
The article offers information on the Sandwich Bar daily school menu from October 7 to 22, 2010 including ham and cheese sandwiches, hot dog with chili and cheese, and cereal with toast and juice.
- A hit with all grades. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p116
Focuses on the growing popularity of Asian dishes in school cafeterias in the United States. Specialties served at the King and Low-Heywood Thomas School in Stamford, Connecticut; Comments from food service directors; Chinese dishes offered at Glendale Unified District schools in California.
- ACCESSIBLE ASIAN. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p59
Focuses on Asian cuisine. Information on dipping sauce for Asian finger foods; Reason for the implementation of Asian cuisine at East Side Union High School District in San Jose, California; Features of Middle Eastern cuisine at the University of Maryland in College Park.
- Teachers Are Brands in School Food Court. // Food Management;Nov2001, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the strategy of Ohio County High School cafeteria to increase their sales in Ohio. Expansion of daily menu options; Branding of outlets; Reason to the sales increase.
- Trying to mix cultures. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p94
Highlights the emergence of multi-cultural menus in school cafeterias in the United States. Reason for the fusion cooking experiment of Lyons Township High School; Ingredients of a Kosher pizza; Information on the food served by Keto Academy in Purchase, New York.
- Asian dishes go mainstream. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p90
Focuses on the inclusion of Asian dishes in the menu of school food service facilities in the United States. Information on several popular Asian dishes; Educational campaign for students to learn more about Asian foods.