Growing campus demand
- Fish-fries still reign. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p66
Presents information on several seafood dishes that are served in universities and colleges in the U.S. Seafood soups that are included in university menu; Recommended sauces to serve with fish; High-end seafood dishes that are considered popular in catering.
- WITH RECIPES & CREATIVITY: Fishing for answers. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on the fish and seafood offerings in the U.S. Technique used by the University of California in fish preparation; Procedures in cooking the campfire salmon at Vanderbilt University; List of Web sites that offer fish recipes.
- One Fish, Two Fish. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Apr2009, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p54
The article presents several fish sandwich recipes that are known in the U.S. According to Heidi Gereighty, director of Dietary and Food Services Children's Hospital in Los Angeles (LA), the best selling seafood sandwich in LA is Fried Catfish Po' Boy, followed by the Fried Shrimp Po' Boy. Tony...
- HEALTHY, DELICIOUS AND SAFE: SHELLFISH ON THE MENU. Fiss, Mary Lassen // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p74
Focuses on shellfish dishes. Alaskan King Crab Chowder dish served at the City Club Bunker Hill, a private business dining club in Los Angeles, California; Clam fritters and crab cakes served at the Johnson & Wales University Club dining facility.
- Satisfying with Seafood. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p46
The article explores the strategies adopted by some college foodservice directors in the U.S. to offer fish and seafood dishes without going overbudget. Tom Driscoll, director of foodservice at the University of Oregon, relates the response of college students to sushi and to sustainable fish...
- Under the Sea. W. H. // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p46
The article discusses how some college foodservice operators in the U.S. are promoting seafood as a healthy option for consumers. It provides an overview of the nutrients and health benefits from eating seafood. Gabriel Gomez, executive chef at Ronald Reagan University of California, Los Angeles...
- noosa. Loel, Lizzie // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Jan2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p54
Provides information on the food industry and trade in Noosa, Queensland. Tomato farm production of Ditto Tom and Robbie Gibbs; Varieties of goat's cheese of Gympie Farm; Seafood menus of Squid Ink; Information on the restaurant Bar Sushi.
- Seafood paradise. // Essence (Essence);Apr89, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p92
Describes the cuisine of St. Croix, which features seafood, a unique mingling of the seven countries that have ruled the island. Recipes.
- See Jane fish. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p10
Presents recipes for seafood. Sauteed catfish in raspberry-shallot sauce; Sauteed snapper with onions and golden raisins; Cindy's salmon with honey-mustard tarragon.