THE NEXT GENERATION: Electronic commodity ordering a go
- USDA launches My.USDA.gov. // BEEF;Nov2004, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p58
The article reports that the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has launched its web site called "My.USDA.gov," which allows individuals to customize the USDA homepage for their unique needs. The launch is the latest installment in a January 2004 initiative to standardize processes...
- Easy does it. Monroe, Edith // Farm Industry News;May2012, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p22
The article discusses the Toolbox Assistive Technology Database developed by the National AgrAbility Project funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The online searchable database provides almost a thousand products or suggested modifications for problems. According to Steve Swain,...
- Farmers Markets On the Rise. // Futurist;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p2
Reports that the number of farmers markets in the United States (U.S.) has grown between 1994 and 2000, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Key Findings from the 1997 Census of Agriculture. Bay, Don; Reilly, Joe; Allen, Janet // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1999 2nd Quarter, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p22
Offers information on the results of the `1997 Census of Agriculture,' a report conducted by the United States Department of Agriculture. Part-time farming from 1992 to 1997; Spread between small and large farms; Details on crop commodities; Counts of farms operated by women, Hispanics and...
- U.S. agriculture: Challenges for the twenty-first century. Singer, Mike A. // Chicago Fed Letter;Dec97, Issue 124, p1
No abstract available.
- Agriculture Census Deadline Extended. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;2/11/2013, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has announced the extension of the deadline for producers to complete the 2012 Census of Agriculture.
- Nationwide promoflor advertising campaign ends. // American Nurseryman;11/15/97, Vol. 186 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on the termination of the U.S. Fresh Cut Flowers and Fresh Cut Greens Promotion and Information Order, better known as PromoFlor, after a one-year trial period. Background on the national campaign established by U.S. Department of Agriculture; Reactions of the Society of American...
- AC21 urges coexistence among farmers. // Texas Agriculture Magazine;12/7/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p4
The article focuses on the report from the 21st Century Agriculture (AC21) which highlights the history of successful co-existenche in identity-preserved markets and the importance of diversity in agriculture in the U.S.
- The market will respond to USDA reports. Burgener, Paul // Southwest Farm Press;9/19/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p18
The article examines the quality of report which is presented by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on the daily, monthly and annual grain market and agricultural productivity and also analyzes the statistical methods and surveys conducted by the USDA for preparation of reports.