PROCESSED ACREAGE SAME: Spring vege. acreage forecast rises 2%
- FOR 12 FRESH-MARKET ITEMS: Summer vegetable acreage down 2%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p76
Explores the prospective area for harvest of several fresh market vegetables during summer 2000. Broccoli; Cabbage; Cauliflower; Eggplant.
- Fall '99 Market Outlook: Fresh vegetable acreage down 1%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p84
Presents forecasts on fall 1999 harvest acreage for selected fresh market vegetables in the United States. Snap beans; Broccoli; Carrots; Cauliflower; Eggplant; Tomatoes.
- FOR THE SUMMER QUARTER: Harvested acreage for fresh veg. down 2%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p47
Presents information on the prospective acreage for harvest of several fresh market vegetables during the summer season in the U.S. in 2003. Broccoli; Cabbage; Tomatoes; Strawberries; Onions.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Grocer;3/26/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 7998, p28
This section offers news briefs on the European fresh produce industry as of March 26, 2011 including Riverford Organic's harvesting of purple sprouting broccoli, the re-launch of the Incredible Edibles scheme in Irish schools, and the formation of a pan-European Leading Organic Alliance to...
- COMPARED TO LAST YEAR: Fresh vegetable acreage unchanged. Thienpoint, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p48
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables during the fall quarter of 2002. Vegetables with predicted increase in acreage; Decline in the projected acreage on the fall harvest of broccoli in California; Rise in area forecasted for melon harvest; Forecast on...
- MELON HARVEST UP 9%: Fall fresh vegetable acreage up 4%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p58
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables for the fall quarter of 2001 in the United States. Vegetables included in the acreage increase forecast; Projected rise in the fresh market acreage of cabbage; Forecast on the fall acreage of California's celery harvest.
- Vegetables. Bussell, Gene B. // Southern Living;Jan2009, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p76
The article offers instruction and tips for harvesting broccoli and cauliflower properly.
- Y-T-D market basket index rises 1.89%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p40
Presents an update on the prospective area for spring harvest of several types of fresh market vegetables in the U.S., as of May 2005. Broccoli; Cabbage; Sweet corn; Tomatoes; Carrots.
- 2002 PROJECTION: Acreage for winter vegetables down 6%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p60
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables during the winter quarter of 2002. Decline the area planted for spring onions; Acreage of Broccoli in California; Forecasted acreage for Florida winter tomato.