- Osteoarthritis. // Current Medical Literature: Rheumatology;2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p110
This section presents abstracts of studies related to osteoarthritis including the differences in Kellgren and Lawrence grades of knee osteoarthritis, use of aggrecanases in treating osteoarthritis and the link between the production of tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin and the...
- Specific Conditions: Common Forms of Arthritis. // Mayo Clinic Guide to Self-Care;2005, p162
Provides information about several forms of arthritis. Osteoarthritis; Rheumatoid arthritis; Infectious arthritis; Gout.
- Arthritis Advice. // AgePage: Arthritis Advice;Jun2009, p1
The article offers information on arthritis which can attack joints in various parts of the body. It states that there are numerous types of arthritis which include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout. It enumerates the signs and symptoms of the disease as well as treatment options....
- Understanding the difference between gout, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Whittaker, Catherine // South African Pharmacist's Assistant;Winter2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p6
The article provides brief information on the most common types of arthritis, the gout, the osteoarthritis (OA), and the rheumatoid arthritis (RA). It states that a raised blood uric acid level, or hyperuricaemia and the deposition of urate crystals in joints and other tissues, is a...
- Gout: an Update. Conaghan, P.G.; Marzo-Ortega, H.; Emery, P. // Current Medical Literature: Rheumatology;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p87
Discusses the epidemiology of gout considered as a common cause of arthritis in the aging community. Diagnosis of gout and disease management; Treatment of acute gout; Administration of hypouricaemic therapy.
- monoarthritis. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p512
An encyclopedia entry for "monoarthritis" is presented. It refers to inflammation affecting a single joint causing pain and stiffness. Its common causes are osteoarthritis, gout and infection.
- Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD). // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p296
Provides information on degenerative joint disease or osteoarthritis. Causes; Assessment and diagnosis; Treatment.
- Conservative treatment of CMC-1 osteoarthritis. Damen, A.; Withag, K. M.; van der Lei, B.; den Dunnen, W. F. A.; Robinson, P. H. // European Journal of Plastic Surgery;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p33
Initially, osteoarthritis of the carpometacarpal joint of the thumb (CMC-1) should be conservatively treated. However, literature concerning this topic is absent. Therefore, 39 patients (71 hands) with conservatively treated osteoarthritis of the carpometacarpal joint of the thumb were reviewed....
- Effects of Arthro-7Â® in relieving symptoms of osteoarthritis with mild to moderate arthralgia. Qingwen Xie; Tian Zhou; Lawrence Yen; Shariff, Mina; Nguyen, Tuong; Kami, Kenneth; Pingping Gu; Liang Liang; Jianyu Rao; Rong Shi // Nutrition & Dietary Supplements;2013, Vol. 5, p1
Background: Osteoarthritis is a common chronic disease affecting aged populations. Conventional therapies tend to result in side effects when used long-term. Arthro-7? (Robinson Pharma, Orange County, CA, USA) has been used by osteoarthritis patients for more than 10 years in the USA and has...