BEATING AN AGE-OLD PROBLEM: Puree diet program helps LTC reduce weight loss
- Dine Out while Staying In. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;8/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p46
The article focuses on The Bistro dining option created by nutrition services director Steve Lunin at Mease Manor, a continuing care retirement community in Dunedin, Florida. It explains the idea behind the dining option. Lunin says there tends to be a waiting list for the restaurant because the...
- Seniors seeing the light. // FoodService Director;3/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the influence of a health class being offered by the culinary services department at Mease Manor retirement community in Dunedin, Flordia on the preference of foods by the seniors at the community center. Background on several topics being discussed in the class; Views of Steve...
- Fad Is Bad. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p20
Gives advice on how to lose weight after indulging in fad diets during the holiday season. Explanations from US Air Force Lieutenant Lisa Tauai, a registered dietitian; Top three diets on a US Air Force dietitian's list; Effects of fad diets on a person's metabolism.
- Nutritious Eating-Without Any Guesswork. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Feb2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, following p4
Presents a ten-day meal plan for people who want to lose weight. Nutrition value of the plan; Types of food included in the plan; Materials needed when following the plan.
- Ready for Swimsuit Season. // Body Bulletin;Apr2000, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p1
Gives advice on weight loss strategies through dieting and exercise.
- ASK JARED. // Child Life;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p9
Answers several questions on dieting and losing weight.
- Fad diets: A reality check. Maynard, Cindy // Current Health 2;Jan2000, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p24
Presents nutritional information about different fad diets for people trying to lose weight.
- Will a pill take your pounds off? // Consumer Reports;Aug96, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p15
Discusses weight control. Redux, an obesity-fighting drug which hit pharmacy shelves in June 1996; Who the drug is intended for; Hoopla surrounding Redux; How diet drugs work; Crafting a realistic weight-loss strategy; Calculating your degree of overweight; Healthy weight range; Recommendations.
- Slim but curvy--the pursuit of ideal beauty. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;1/24/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 41, p16
Discusses the obsession in the United States with weight loss and dieting, and the role of magazines in the trend.