VIEWPOINT: X-RAY ASSURANCE
- Digital radiology's leap. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;10/13/97, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p68
Reports that X-ray machines are about to follow stereo systems and telephones into the digital age. Information on filmless X-ray systems; Comments from Jeffrey Immelt, president and chief executive officer of GE Medical; Cost of Sterling's digital X-ray plat and accessories.
- Balloon-borne x-ray spectrometer for detection of x rays produced by thunderstorms. Eack, Kenneth B. // Review of Scientific Instruments;May96, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p2005
Reports on the design of a balloon-borne instrument that detects x-rays produced in thunderstorms. NaI scintillation detector; Support electronics; Flight configuration; Calibrating and testing.
- Nanofocusing parabolic refractive x-ray lenses. Schroer, C. G.; Kuhlmann, M.; Hunger, U. T.; Günzler, T. F.; Kurapova, O.; Feste, S.; Frehse, F.; Lengeler, B.; Drakopoulos, M.; Somogyi, A.; Simionovici, A. S.; Snigirev, A.; Snigireva, I.; Schug, C.; Schröder, W. H. // Applied Physics Letters;3/3/2003, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p1485
Parabolic refractive x-ray lenses with short focal distance can generate intensive hard x-ray microbeams with lateral extensions in the 100 nm range even at a short distance from a synchrotron radiation source. We have fabricated planar parabolic lenses made of silicon that have a focal distance...
- KLAS Report Notes Wireless Trend. Sanchez, Elaine // Imaging Economics;May2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses the findings of the KLAS report which indicate the impact of the digital x-ray and wireless technology among the new generation of radiologists.
- Physics Update. Schewe, Phillip F. // Physics Today;Apr99, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p9
Provides information on a tunable x-ray waveguide with an air gap. Application of the device; Usefulness of the device.
- X-rays and weighs. // Food Processing (00156523);Mar2005, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p63
Featuers Smiths Heimann's Eagle Combo x-ray for the food industry. Specifications; Capabilities.
- Interferometric soft X-ray index measurements: Progress of system design and recent results. Joyeux, D.; Polack, F.; Phalippou, D. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2000, Vol. 507 Issue 1, p641
We present the most recent evolution of our interferometric system for index measurements. It was tested by recording the index dispersion of carbon and silver on both sides of absorption edges, in the water window region. Its current performances and limitations are discussed in light of these...
- X-rayted movies. Sen, Philip // Engineer (00137758);7/19/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7608, p17
Reports on an X-ray machine that uses carbon nanotubes that could pave the way to the first X-ray moving pictures. Operation of the process at far lower temperatures; Production of flows of single electrons that can be controlled by the current; Practicality of the nanotube X-ray machine.
- Triggering techniques for a compact Marx generator. Beverly, R. E.; Campbell, R. N. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan1994, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p259
Optically controlled, sequential breakdown of the spark-gap switches is a simple method for triggering compact Marx generators. Techniques for reliably initiating breakdown of the first switch are discussed. A 300-kV Marx generator for flash x-ray applications is described.