IN THREE RECREATION SEGMENTS: Centerplate ready to play
- R&D NEWS. // Beverage Industry;Jun2003, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p61
Presents news briefs related to food industry and trade in the U.S as of June 2003. Announcement by New York City that it has cut more than 150 positions, mainly from its North American and European operations, as a result of its corporate reorganization; Declaration by Danisco that it will...
- NIBBLES & BITS. // Entrepreneur;May2007, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the developments surrounding the business food industry in the U.S. According to restaurant consulting firm Technomic in Chicago, Illinois, Asian quick-service chains saw sales grow 15% to 20% in 2006, and that growth is likely to continue. According to food industry...
- CenterPlate at Center Stage. // Food Management;Jan2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the initial public offering of Volume Services America Inc. on the American Stock Exchange in the U.S. Experimentation of an investment vehicle; Characterization of the investment vehicle; Difference between the Canadian and the American version of the investment vehicle.
- Ogden, Volume services merge. // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p14
Reports on Ogden Corp. Entertainment Group's agreement to acquire Volume Services America Inc. and to form the entity Ogden VSA.
- VSA for Denver Broncos in '01. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p26
Reports on the concessionaire and suit caterer that was named by the Denver, Colorado, Metropolitan Football Stadium District for the stadium that will host the Denver Broncos football team fans in 2001. Number of concession stands that will be opened at the stadium; Amount Volume Services...
- Competitor won't gobble up arena supplier. Czurak // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/25/99, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p13
Reports that Ogden Entertainment, a division of Ogden Corp., would not buy Volume Services America Inc., the Van Andel Arena's food and beverage supplier. Reason of Ogden for revoking its acquisition agreement with Volume Services America; Estimated price of the discontinued acquisition.
- NEARLY A DOZEN ON ISLANDS: VSA lands Luau, Aloha Bowl. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p30
Provides information on Volume Services America, the entertainment and sports event food service provider in Hawaii. Details on the venues served by the company, such as the Paradise Cove Luau; Catering brands of Volume Services.
- A SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT: VSA LAUNCHES FACILITIES DIV. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p24
Announces the launch of the facility management division of Volume Services America. Appointment of Dan Smith by Volume; Smith's goals to the division; Advantages of offering facility management.
- ARENAS AND STADIUMS: VSA expands in east arenas. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the foodservice contract of Volume Services America with Williams-Brice Stadium of the University of South Carolina in Columbia. Services to be provided by the company to the university stadium; Information on the services provided by the company to the Bridgeport Arena in Connecticut.