- In brief. // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p12
Presents news briefs related to the food service industry in the U.S. as of June 2003. Announcement of the purchase of food items for donation to schools, by the USDA Secretary Ann Veneman; Contract won by Aramark Corp. for operating food services for a school district; Operations related to...
- Safe But Vulnerable. Ishmael, Wes // BEEF;Jun2004, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p26
Reports that the United States government and industry are starting to team up in defending agriculture from agro-terrorism. Statement by Department of Agriculture (USDA) Secretary Ann Veneman that the department's homeland security efforts were focused on agricultural production, USDA...
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p54
Presents news relevant to school foodservice in the United States (U.S.) as of February 15, 2001. Commodities purchased by the U.S. Agriculture Department (DA); Request of Dan Glickman to continue the food safety measures implemented during his tenure; Information on Ann Veneman, Glickman's...
- Veneman announces partial CCP payout. Laws, Forrest // Western Farm Press;11/1/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p1
Reports on U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Ann M. Veneman's announcement of the schedule for issuing 2004 direct and counter-cyclical payments (CCP). Deadline for the annual sign-up for the DCP program; Projected annual CCP payment rates.
- Beginning Farmers, Ranchers panel named. // Western Farm Press;10/18/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the creation of nine Sun Belt representatives to the U.S. Department of Agriculture Committee on Beginning Farmers and Ranchers by agriculture secretary Ann Veneman. Launch of a pilot program to help farmers and ranchers purchase land; Ways to encourage federal and state beginning...
- Funds to promote U.S. ag product sales overseas. // Western Farm Press;7/3/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p7
Reports on U.S. Agriculture Secretary Ann M. Veneman's announcement of fiscal year 2004 allocations to trade organizations to promote agricultural products overseas under the Foreign Agricultural Services' Market (FMS) Access Program (MAP), Foreign Market Development (FMD) Cooperator program and...
- Unfinished Business: The Rehabilitation of Broccoli. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;10/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p16
Highlights the commitment of U.S. Health and Human Services secretary Tommy Thompson and agriculture secretary Ann Veneman to convene a summit of fast-food operators to encourage them to get more fruits and vegetables on their menus. Remarks from Veneman about fruits and vegetables; Views by...
- USDA begins livestock assistance payments. // Southwest Farm Press;1/22/2004, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the beginning of payments for the Livestock Assistance Program announced by U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Ann M. Veneman. Benefits of the program to livestock producers; Details of the program; Information on the funding for the program.
- US defends farm support policies. // Farmers Weekly;1/11/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the stance of the U.S. on agricultural support as discussed by U.S. farm secretary Ann Veneman in the Oxford Farming Conference in January 2002. Views on the stance of the U.S.