INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Technology
- The botnet army: 12 million new recruits in three months. WOLCHAK, PETER // Backbone;Aug/Sep2009, p8
The article highlights a report from McAfee which shows how cybercriminals are proliferating and that the U.S. is the foremost contingent of botnet-infected personal computers (PC).
- Mobile Platforms Increasingly Attractive to Cybercriminals. Violino, Bob // Healthdatamanagement.com;2/21/2013, p3
The article reports that the results of the "Mobile Security: McAfee Consumer Trends Report," has been released by the computer security software company McAfee, that documents applications posing potential threats to organizations and new techniques are in the report that are used by hackers.
- Untitled. Ashford, Warwick // Computer Weekly;2/1/2010, p75
The article reports on a research by security firm McAfee Inc., which found that cyber attacks have affected more than half the world's critical infrastructure organizations. It is stated that massive distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks and efforts to enter networks are the main cyber...
- Web Sightings. Holzberg, Carol S.; Brooks-Young, Susan // Tech & Learning;Sep2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p38
The article presents several Web sites which offer information on computer security threats and the actions that can be taken to fight adware, spyware, hackers and the more than 500 personal computer viruses discovered monthly. At the Web site of Tourbus, Antivirus 101: Computer Virus Software...
- Malware money tough to trace. Hines, Matt // eWeek;9/18/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p13
The article discusses the admission of authorities regarding the difficulty of tracing the finances of malware code writers and other computer criminals. According to David Marcus, security research manager of McAfee Inc., concedes the impossibility of deciphering the web of finance and money...
- McAfee, Microsoft team up to fight virus. // PC Week;7/29/96, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p3
Reports that McAfee Associates and Microsoft Corp. are working on fixes for a new Excel macro virus that appeared in July 1996. Features of the virus.
- What do America Online & Dennis Rodman have in common? Austin, Nancy K. // Inc.;Jul97, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p52
Opinion. Explains why the author canceled her service with America Online (AOL). The rudeness of the service at AOL; The blaming of customers for problems; The importance of companies in valuing customers.
- Critics: AOL invades user privacy. Rodger, Will // Inter@ctive Week;02/24/97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the marketing practices of America Online Incorporated (AOL). Circumstances involving AOL; Comments from AOL representative Trish Primrose; Criticism of AOL and other online services; Information on the letter of apology sent by AOL chief executive officer, Steve Case.
- America Online Giving E-Wallets for Christmas. Kutler, Jeffrey // American Banker;10/6/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 191, p18
Announces plans by America Online Inc. (AOL) to offer digital wallets, an electronic service, to its customers over the 1998 Christmas season. Features and advantages of the electronic wallet; Factors which motivated the company to launch this service; Comments by Wendy Brown, vice president of...