INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity
- Saudi Binladin completes $267111 sukuk issue. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/10/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 32, p17
The article reports that the construction industry firm Saudi Binladin Group has completed a $267 million issue of sukuk (Islamic bonds).
- Arabian road reconstruction. // International Construction;Oct97, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the plans of a consortium consisting of Saudi Binladin Group and Lebanon's Dar al-Handasah for a major reconstruction and upgrading of the primary road network in Qatar. Construction of interchanges, roadside facilities, lighting, landscaping and farm and camel crossings.
- Local firms dominate GCC construction. FLORIAN, JEFF // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/17/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p34
The article discusses how local contracting companies dominated the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) projects market in 2013. Particular focus is given to the projects market in Saudi Arabia, which was dominated by multinational construction conglomerate Saudi Binladin Group and construction...
- Builders need more openings. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/14/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 46, p4
The author supports the move by the government of Saudi Arabia to open up its construction market to foreign builders with the introduction of a temporary certificate that will allow firms to bid for government contracts without being registered in the kingdom. An example of aggressive pricing...
- Positive branding. Irish, John // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/23/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 38, p73
The article provides information on the operations and performance of Saudi Binladin Group (SBG). SBG's reputation for being able to execute big-ticket construction contracts within tight schedules has seen it win a diverse range of projects across Saudi Arabia. But even with its competitive...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/2/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 44, p18
This section offers news briefs on the construction industry in the Middle East. The local/Chinese China Harbour Engineering Arabia Co. is the low bidder for the dredging and excavation contract on the phase 1 and 2 waterfront development of the Madinat Sinaiyah aL-Yanbu project in Saudi Arabia....
- Funding gives contractors an edge. FOREMAN, COLIN // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/14/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 41, p37
The article presents the role of construction companies in facilitating new sources of financing of projects in the Middle East and North America region in an environment of tightening liquidity. It discusses the equity of construction firm Saudi Binladin Group in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in the...
- Trowers boosts Binladin Group ties with Saudi civil aviation first. Parker, Jon // Lawyer;3/26/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p13
The article reports that Trowers and Hamlins was hired as an adviser of the construction company Saudi Binladin Group in 2007. The law firm will advise the construction giant on a $300-million deal for the rebuilding of the Haji Terminal Complex air passenger terminal for religious pilgrims in...
- Egypt. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/3/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p17
Presents news briefs pertaining to Egypt for the week September 3, 1999. Includes AXA's purchase of a stake in Arab International Insurance; Saudi Binladin Group's contract to carry out the firth phase of the shopping and leisure resort project at the Dreamland complex southwest of Cairo.