Tiptoeing Back Into Telecom
- Keeping the faith. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2005, Vol. 39 Issue 4, pS2
Suggests that venture capitalists remain optimistic that substantial return on investment opportunities can still be found in the telecommunication sector. Conduct of corporate venturing as of 2005; Increasing market interest in voice-over IP technology; Estimated size of the telecommunication...
- Do you do your due diligence? Levine, Shira // America's Network;06/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p117
Discusses the importance of due diligence for venture capitalists investing in telecommunication ventures in order to minimize risks. Amount invested by venture capitalists in telecommunication ventures in year 2000; Impact of due diligence on the funding process; Factors being considered by...
- Financing a communications ecosystem. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;04/24/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 17, p54
Reports on the investment of venture capital firm Blueprint Ventures in startup communications companies. Companies where Blueprint invested; Range of Blueprint's investments; Business strategy of Blueprint. INSET: BRIEFLY.
- New venture adventures. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;01/29/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p108
Comments on venture capitalists in the telecommunications industry. Theme of a meeting by venture capitalists at the SuperNet exhibition; Ideas offered by panelists at the meeting; Suggestion for venture capitalists.
- Where did that $2 trillion go? Anderson, Howard // Network World;12/10/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p47
Discusses losses incurred by venture capitalists from the downturn in the communications industry. John McQuillan's argument about the lack in demand for fiber and technology capacity; Decline in the number of competitive local exchange carriers (CLEC); Author's claim that venture capitalists...
- The Big Money Comes From Outside the State. Taber, George M. // Business News New Jersey;2/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p17
Reports the prevalence of outside sources in the capital venture business in New Jersey. Reference to the case of venture-capital firm Healthcare Ventures; Percentage of local venture capital funds; Profile of venture capital firms.
- No Exit. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;1/27/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the funding distribution and investments strategies employed by venture capitalists in the U.S. Investment of venture capitalists in telecommunication companies; Traditional measures of market readiness; Anticipation of the return of companies into the venture capital market.
- BT Clearsky builds network of investors to aid start-ups. // New Media Age;11/21/2002, p8
Reports on the establishment of a network of venture capital firms by BT Clearsky in order to become a major player in the start-up incubation market. Companies included in a network of major investors formed by Clearsky; Comments by Ed Lewis, head of BT Clearsky.
- Technology recovery? Not yet. Mandelberg, Larry // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/3/2004, Issue 323330, p23
The article reports that the technology industry collapsed into a coma four years ago and remains on life support today. It has not recovered nor is it about to anytime soon. The more opportunities for unbridled growth and profits, the more people wanted to invest and the opportunities became...