As Restructuring Begins to Slowâ€¦
- Battle Rages On For Universal Banks. K. L. // High Yield Report;1/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that the bankers at JPMorgan Chase & Co. are staying with the Banc of America Securities LLC in terms of total U.S. dollar-dominated issuance for the first three quarters of 2005. The two banks benefited from their stronghold on the country's leveraged loan market. It was...
- Bank consolidation at issue for private market in 2004. C. M. O. // Private Placement Letter;3/1/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p2
Discusses consolidations under negotiations in the U.S. private placement market as of March 2004. Merger of the Banc of America Securities LLC and FleetBoston Financial Corp.; Status of merger negotiations between JP Morgan Chase & Co. and Bank One Corp.; Implications for the market.
- Morgan Chase Top M&A Adviser in Asia. // American Banker;4/5/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 66, p20
Reports on the win by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. to the position of top adviser on announced mergers and acquisitions in Asia outside Japan in the first quarter of 2001. Other companies it beat; Value of first quarter takeovers; Why the number of mergers and acquisitions has increased in Asia...
- Bank On Takeovers. // DRIP Investor;Feb2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p2
The article presents information on ongoing mergers in the U.S. banking sector, as of 2004. These include Bank of America's $81 million merger deal with FleetBoston Financial and JP Morgan & Chase Co.'s $40 million acquisition of Bank One. One of my DRIP holdings, Regions Financial...
- Bank One: Latest merger to go more smoothly than last one. Miller, Holly // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/26/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the merger of New Orleans Bank One Corp. with J.P. Morgan Chase and Co. in New Orleans, Louisiana. Consolidation of several computer system; Cost of acquisition in stock; Reduction of credit card exposure; Decline of the volatility in earnings.
- Bank buyout jolts Tarrant. Francis, Bob // Fort Worth Business Press;1/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Bank One by JPMorgan Chase & Co. Cost of the acquisition; Assessment of the buyout by the local bankers in Fort Worth, Texas; Remarks from Bert Ely of Ely & Co. on the buyout.
- M&A Headed Up, But Will Banks Dominate? Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/19/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p65
Provides an overview on merger and acquisition (M&A) activities in the U.S. banking industry for 2004. Value of the merger deal between J.P. Morgan Chase and Bank One; M&A trends in 2003; Types of merger deals in the financial services industry.
- Providian Sells Loans, But (Surprise) Not Subprime. Kuykendall, Lavonne // American Banker;1/17/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p1
Reports the decision of Providian Financial Corp. to sell Master Trust credit card loans to J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. in the U.S. Aspects of the deal; Advantages of Providian from the deal; Views on the sale of Master Trust.
- Morgan rivals seek to steal NY customers. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;1/19/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p1
Emboldened by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.'s pending purchase of Bank One Corp., many New York City banks are sharpening their knives to slice business off the back of the market leader. Betting that moving the middle-market headquarters to Chicago will weaken J.P. Morgan's ties to hundreds of its...