- Southeast Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Flyod, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;09/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30975, p31
Reports developments related to public finance in the United States as of September 2000. Includes the campaign of Tallahassee officials for sales tax; Sale of revenue bonds by Jacksonville Electric Authority; Proposals for an underwriting team for single-family mortgage program by the...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31017, p27
Reports on important developments concerning sales taxes and public expenditures for various projects in Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah as of November 14, 2000. Shawnee County, Kansas; Cherokee National Council.
- ISSUES IN THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION VATS FOR THE AMERICAN STATES. Fox, William F.; Luna, LeAnn; Murray, Matthew N. // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2001, p188
Discusses the retail sales tax and its problems as it currently operates in the U.S. Various problems with a consumption value-added tax for states; Analysis of key issues of interest; Implications on taxation and public finance.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Hageman, Gerry; Friedlander, Laura A. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/8/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 32, pP26
Letters to the editor are presented including one related to the rising expenditures of the U.S. government and a letter expressing an opinion on the reported increase in taxable sales of Nevada.
- Not ready to yield. // State Government News;Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on Florida Senator W.D. Childers' plans to run for re-election despite the term limit he faces under the state's constitution. Details of the law governing term limits in Florida; Number of members of the state senate affected by the term limits.
- TAX CONSCIOUS. // America;12/12/1936, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p230
The article comments on the use of taxation by the U.S. federal government in order to pay for its expenses. It says the government does not have general sales tax and no tax on the registration of motor vehicles. The author emphasizes the need for the government to either find new sources or...
- Sales Tax Rates Fluctuating This Year. Cohn, Michael // Accountingtoday.com;7/28/2015, p3
The article reports that the number of sales and use tax rate changes in the U.S. rose in the first half of 2015 compared with the same period of 2014, according to a report from corporate tax technology firm Vertex. Topics discussed include Puerto Rico recording the highest number of tax rate...
- COUNTY CORRUPTION. Streater, Amie // IRE Journal;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p21
Discusses an investigative story on the alleged corruption concerning a land purchase for a soccer complex made by commissioners at Escambia County in Florida. Details on the bribes for the land purchase; Charges filed against politicians involved in the land purchase; Involvement of County...
- No Appeal for Childers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32466, p33
The article reports on the ruling of the Florida Supreme Court to reject the appeal of Escambia County Commissioner W. D. Childers. Childers was proven guilty of taking a bribe when the commission bought a 48-acre soccer complex for nearly $4 million. He began to serve his three-and-a-half-year...