Chicago Park District Approves $68M Of GO-Like Bonds, Mostly for Refunding
- ILLINOIS: Park District Dealing $127M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/19/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33007, p9
The article reports on the sale of $127 million of new-money and refunding general obligation bonds by the Chicago Park District in Chicago, Illinois. The deal consists of four series of debt, including three general obligation tranches of $35 million, $32 million and $40 million. Proceeds will...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p38
Several charts are presented that list the results of competitive bond sales in December 2006 by a variety of government-owned establishments of the different states in the U.S. including Decatur School District No. 17 of Benton County in Arkansas, Downers Grove Park District in Illinois, and...
- Sound budget blossoms for Park District. // Government Product News;Jan95, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p9
No abstract available.
- Creating the Garden City: The Singapore Experience. Yuen, Belinda // Urban Studies (Routledge);Jun96, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p955
Compared to the American and English park movement, the development of parks in Singapore has a relatively short history, beginning only in the 1960s. Yet it calls attention to one major dynamic: its development has grown out of an effort to solve the problems arising from the twin processes of...
- Special park districts. Trudeau, Richard C. // Parks & Recreation;Jan96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p62
Discusses the benefits reaped by special park districts (SPDs) across the United States. SPDs' ability to deliver park and recreation services without paying the overhead costs incurred by other types of governing structures; East Bay Regional Park District in Oakland, California; Huron-Clinton...
- Meigs-Armory swap too sensible to fly. Cappo, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;4/22/96, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p10
Comments on the plan by Chicago's Mayor Richard M. Daley, to destroy the lakefront Miegs Field. What he plans to put in its place; Opposition to the plan by Governor Jim Edgar; Controversy surrounding the decision to sell the Illinois National Guard Armory; Reason for its sale; How the state...
- Chicago Park Dist. cited for turnaround. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;09/04/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p24
Reports on the turnaround of the Chicago Park District in Illinois, as confirmed by a report by national groups, Urban Land Institute and the Trust for Public Land. Credit given to Mayor Richard Daley; Progress made.
- The Wirtz is over: Parks' biz to flow to new cloutmeister. Strahler, Steven E. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/4/95, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p3
Reports on Chicago Park District's search for a company to manage all Park District concessions. Planned dumping of Bismarck Enterprises Inc.; Schedule for the recommendation of a winner; Criteria for screening finalists. INSET: Park District green..
- Believe it or not, Park Dist. is biz school study. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/18/96, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p54
Presents information on the utilization of the Chicago Park District as a case study for the Harvard Business School, since the reorganization of their management information system. Views of Carol Rubin, former chief operating officer of the company; Comments from James G. Clawson, as associate...