Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor Pushes Municipal Relief Package
- Freedom of the city? Waddicor, Sam // Planner;Aug2014, p8
The article looks at the Local Voices campaign of 10 English cities outside London including Birmingham, Liverpool and Nottingham. Topics covered include the goal to have freedom in raising money locally for adding income to the British economy and adding more jobs for generating more taxes....
- Atlanta Suburb Looks to Become City With Bonding Power. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p35
Reports that a bill has been prefiled in the Georgia Senate that calls for the unincorporated area of Sandy Springs in Fulton County to be chartered as its own city. Introduction of similar incorporation measures for Sandy Springs; Assessment on the size of the city's budget and its debt...
- Bills would allow mandatory fees in improvement districts. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p29
Focuses on the proposed bills that would allow mandatory assessment on property owners of business improvement districts in Michigan. Requisite for property owners to pay for maintenance of districts; Proponents of the bills; Provisions of the bills; Problems in the drafting of the bills.
- City reveals concerns over legislation. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/3/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p1
The article discusses the questions, concerns and critiques in 58 areas of One Kent Coalition's proposed legislation to merge the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan, with Kent County, including the governmental and economic goals of a consolidation and a clear budgeting process for a new government.
- Regional measures hit the mark. // Central Penn Business Journal;8/20/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p12
In this article, the author discusses aspects of Senate Bill (SB) 1429 which allows citizens and municipalities to vote for their consolidation without state's consent and SB 1357 which allows the creation of a commission to urge municipal mergers to state lawmakers due to the economic recession...
- Town planning assistance. // Finance Week;10/19/2001, p42
Focuses on the involvement of Municipal Structures Act on town planning in South Africa. Opportunities of African's business chamber through the Act; Role of the Act to municipalities; Procedure of the approval of the integrated development plan. INSET: Popular Web site..
- Flint Under State Review. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/31/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33575, p9
The article reports on the preliminary financial review of the city of Flint in Michigan as part of the state's broader emergency management law.
- Highland Park prepares battle over finances. Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;10/13/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 49, pA1
The article reports on the special meeting of Highland Park City officials on October 2, 2013 regarding the response of the city government to the preliminary review of the Michigan State Treasurer of its finances.
- Houston Revisits $146 Million Portion of Refunding Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32217, p34
Reports on the sale of 145.8 million of Series 2005 combined utility system revenue refunding bonds by Houston, Texas. Bond prices; Advancement of refunding of the Series 1996D bonds; Financial advisers for the city's combined utility system; Sufficiency of savings to meet the city's targets.