Trustees on United Debt Ask Court to Free Up Reserve Funds
- United/Hongkong deal. // Air Transport World;Nov93, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p131
Highlights the joining of forces between United Airlines and Hong Kong Shanghai Bank of Hong Kong. Credit-card marketing program; Accruance and redemption of miles in United's Mileage Plus frequent-flier program by users of the bank's credit cards; United's services from and to Hong Kong.
- HSBC expects to remain in Hong Kong after China takes over, chairman says. // American Banker;5/25/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 100, p18
Reports on Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp.'s retention of its Hong Kong headquarters. Speculation on impact of Chinese takeover of the British colony; Consideration of repurchasing of headquarters building.
- HSBC moves to create a global powerhouse. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;5/2/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p33
Reports on the completion of the reorganization of Hong Kong & Shanghai Bank Corp.'s (HSBC) investment business lines. Consolidation of units under HSBC Asset Management Ltd.; Management movement; Strengthening of regional trading offices.
- Griff surfaces as fixed-income head at HSBC Securities. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/08/97, Vol. 63 Issue 36, p12
Reports on John Griff's appointment as head of Hong Kong Shanghai Bank Corp.'s fixed income division. Career highlights; Functions and responsibilities; Management strategies for the company's division.
- Back to the future. Morris, Kathleen // FW;6/20/95, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p42
Focuses on John Gray, chairman of Hongkong & Shanghai Bank. Success of the institution; Acquisitions; Impact of the looming prospect of reunification with China in 1997; Challenges Gray has faced; How banking is a Gray family tradition; Efforts of the bank to restructure the management of its...
- HSBC, firms and sets team up with A4ID. Swift, James // Lawyer;3/8/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p3
The article reports that the in-house legal team of team Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. (HSBC) plans to partner with leading law firms and chamberse to provide pro bono advices to charities in the developing world through Advocates for International Development (A4ID) in Great Britain.
- HSBC Completes First Live Trades on BondsInAsia Platform. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;11/19/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p26
Reports on the completion of the first live trade on BondsInAsia (BIA) platform by Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC). Funding of BIA by Bridge eMarkets, HSBC, Citigroup and Deutsche Bank; Reason for the temporary restriction to access to the system via BIA's Web site; Complaints...
- Life sector on its last legs. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;7/26/2002, p15
Examines the growth of the insurance industry in South Africa. List of the three leading insurers; Decline in the share price of insurers; Results of a survey conducted by Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corp. on the industry. INSET: Not much joy for investors.
- HSBC eyes the world for new property funds. Cross, Nathan // Estates Gazette;8/18/2007, Issue 733, p05
The article reports on the introduction of a range of global property funds of funds by HSBC in response to high investor demand.