DOT Wants $15B in Private-Activity Bonds OK'd for Transportation
- Private-Activity Proposal Won't Be Debated by House. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p5
Reports on the U.S. House's exclusion of a proposed tax law change dealing with the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance transportation projects in scheduled debates. Dispute over the application of labor law which led to the exclusion; Key provisions of the bill.
- Final yield-burning rules. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the issuance of tax regulations on arbitrage restrictions for tax-exempt bonds in the United States.
- Tax Bill Provisions May Spur Flood Of School Construction Issuance. Kinnander, Ola; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31149, p1
Reports the approval of a bill with tax-exempt bond provisions by the United States Congress. Expectations of bond market participants for an increase in the issuance of school construction bonds; Effectivity of the bill bond provisions; Measures dropped from the tax bill during final negotiations.
- Washington alert. // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p3A
Informs that the United States House Ways and Means Committee has approved the last pending tax bill in 1999 that includes provisions dealing with tax-exempt bonds.
- Texas Senator Plans to Seek $50 Billion for Rail Service. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p48
U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison is crafting legislation that would authorize the issuance of $50 billion of either tax-exempt bonds, which would be exempted from Texas private-activity volume cap or taxable tax-credit bonds in order to finance improvements and additions to the nation's...
- END OF THE ROAD. Bailey Jr., Olen M. // Tennessee Bar Journal;Nov2009, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the particulars of Family Owned, Non-Corporate Entity Exemption (FONCE) in Tennessee. It explains that the FONCE tax exemption can be applied to the state franchise tax and to the state excise tax. It also discusses various topics concerning FONCE including the...
- Muni groups ask Senate panel to reject public power bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p4
Reports on a concerted among municipal groups to pressure the US Congress into rejecting a proposed legislation that would put in danger the tax-exempt status of bonds issued for projects that compete in a deregulated electricity market. Provisions under bill introduced by Senator Frank...
- Energy, Tax Bill Awaits House Vote. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31185, p1
Reports on the United States House's plan to consider an energy-related tax bill that would allow tax-exempt bonds to be sold for prepaid natural gas contracts. Protection given to the tax-exempt status of bonds sold by state and locally owned electric utilities; House leaders' plan to merge...
- Uncertainty Lies Ahead. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p1
Reports on the uncertainty of the tax regulation due to possible domination of presidential election in the U.S. Concern of the municipal bond community to ease restrictions on tax-exempt bonds; Impact of the presidential election in 2004 on the tax policy of the country; Passage of tax...