NEWS IN BRIEF
- The new pork barrel. Nivola, Pietro S. // Public Interest;Spring98, Issue 131, p92
Presents information on pork-barrel in the United States. How politicians practice pork-barreling; Discussion on the regulation of international trade; Expansion of pork barrel due to trade protectionism.
- From the TM3 WIRE. Hume, Lynn; Floyd, Daniel F.; Ferries, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/15/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30976, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the United States as of September 2000. Announcement of Tracey E. Aronson as the chief of staff of Securities and Exchange Commission; Decline of the producer price index due to lower energy prices; Increase of retail sales; Auctions on discount...
- Retailers fan GOP's budget plan. Barrett, Joyce // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/17/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 95, p23
Reports on the support given by the Coalition for a Balanced Budget and Tax Relief, formed by several retail trade groups in the United States to the Republican plan to balance the federal budget by the year 2002. Industry's idea of strengthening the US economy; Launching of a nationwide...
- IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;10/17/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33599, p2
The article offers news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. such as the rise of the value of business inventories to 0.5% in August 2011, the 0.3% increase of the import prices in September 2011, and the accelerated growth with a gain of 1.1% shown by the retail sales.
- KANSAS. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;5/15/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p6
This section offers news briefs on taxation in Kansas. An opinion letter issued by the state Department of Revenue discussed whether retailers' sales tax applies to purchases of items under the Kansas Appliance Replacement Program (KARP). Meanwhile, the state Department of Revenue has informed...
- A Hex on Your Taxes. Ratnesar, Romesh; Donnelly, Sally B.; Jackson, David S. // Time;12/27/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 26, p129
Offers information on the debate over electronic commerce taxation in the United States. Support and criticism of taxation; How lack of taxation will affect states, including the anticipated loss of $10 billion in tax revenues; Benefits of the issue for political candidates; Role of the United...
- U.S. Apparel Imports Rise 17.2 Percent. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/20/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 116, p1
Reports on the rise of textile and apparel imports in the U.S. in October 2000. Percentage of growth in the combined textile and apparel imports in eight countries; Increase in imports from Indonesia and Taiwan.
- Retail going global fast. Barker, Barbara // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/1/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 103, p18
Provides information on the globalization of retail trade. Features of the global trend in retailing; Key factors in achieving success in retail industry; Discussion on global retailing.
- ASIA WATCH. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/18/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 55, p19
Presents news briefs concerning the retail trade in Asian countries as of March 18, 2003. Inclusion of the opening of Dior Homme and Dolce et Gabbana stores in the Isetan department store in Tokyo, Japan; Collaboration among fashion industry associations in Japan, China and South Korea to form...