Proposed Sales Tax Would Back Bonds to Close Calif. Shortfall
- 'Budget Cut' Is Just Enron-Style Accounting. McClintock, Tom // San Diego Business Journal;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p46
Comments on the state budget cuts proposed by Governor Gray Davis in San Diego, California. Budget appropriated for government spending; Plan to increase the sales tax; Reaction of the Democrats to the budget cuts of Davis.
- Share the Wealth. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p31
Reports on the approval of a legislation by California governor Gray Davis that allows Indian tribes to get funds from tribes with casinos. Potential benefits of the funds to be received by the Indian tribes.
- Governor's New Budget Proposal Another Strike Out. // San Diego Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p34
Editorial. Comments on the impact of the budget proposal of Governor Gray Davis on various businesses in San Diego, California. Reduction on the number of government programs; Factors influencing the increase of taxes; Level of profitability.
- California State and Local Officials Wary of Budget Plan's Long-Term Success. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31638, p4
The article focuses on concerns of municipal officials on California Governor Gray Davis' revised budget plan. California plans to sell at least $11 billion of revenue anticipation warrants on June 11, 2003 and possibly another $5 billion of revenue anticipation notes after that, which has...
- California's Davis Unveils $104 Billion Budget. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;01/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31056, p4
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis released his budget proposal for 2001. Total value of the budget proposed by Davis; Davis' allocation of a certain portion of the total budget to help resolve the state's energy crisis; Breakdown of the state budget unveiled by the governor.
- The Fleecing of California--Spend Now, Worry Later. Battin, Jim // San Diego Business Journal;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p35
Comments on the defeat of the proposed 2001-2002 budget of California Governor Gray Davis in the state legislature. Reasons behind the defeat of the proposed budget; Objectionable features; Need for a bipartisan measure that will demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- A memo to my wife. McClintock, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/27/2003, Issue 323105, p23
Criticizes California governor Gray Davis' handling of the state's budget through a mock memorandum supposedly sent by the author to his wife. Slashing of state budget; Postponement of payment of money owed to schools by the state; Cut in medicare spending; Tax increase; College fund; Use of...
- In search of the Enron accountants. McClintock, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/04/2003, Issue 323108, p21
Comments on the budget revision of governor Gray Davis in California. Reduction of state budget; Result of adding spending into the budget; Proposal of raising sales tax.
- Calif. Colleges Dodge a Bullet in Final Budget. Fisher, Maria Jo // Community College Week;8/18/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the signing of the 2003-2004 California's state budget by Governor Gray Davis and the budget reduction faced by community colleges in the state. Information on the proposed budget for the colleges; Requirements to colleges in 2003; Increase in students' fees by colleges.