Endgame in Albany
- Pataki Unveils $99.8B Fiscal 2005 Budget. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p1
Focuses on the fiscal 2005 budget of New York governor George E. Pataki. Capital plan; Budget for the construction of public colleges; Aim to close a projected budget deficit.
- Making Tax Increases a Nonstarter. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p1
Reports that New York governor George E. Pataki has promised to solve the state's budget problem by selling tobacco bonds and cutting spending. Methods by which Pataki expects to achieve savings; Deficit in the state's budget; Item in the governor's budget which is likely to trigger a controversy.
- Pataki Likely to Veto Parts of New York's $101.3B Budget. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31947, p3
Reports on the plan of New York Governor George Pataki to veto parts of the fiscal 2005 budget completed by the state Senate. Inclusion of an increase in capital spending for the state; Authorization for New York City to proceed with a debt restructuring; Concern of the Pataki on the impact of...
- Budget options, Pataki's plan. // Crain's New York Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
Discusses the budget options presented by New York Governor George Pataki for reducing the fiscal deficits being faced by the state. Reduction in the amount of funds set aside for health care and education; Plans of the Governor to raise taxes on insurance companies; Opinion of Pataki regarding...
- Pataki vetoes the stale budget. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/30/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p6
Reports that New York governor George E. Pataki has vetoed the spending plan approved by state lawmakers. Budget proposed by Pataki; Reasons why Pataki vetoed the spending plan; Total budget imbalance in the state.
- With convention coming, Pataki's more flexible. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/30/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p11A
Reports on New York governor George Pataki's submission of budget report to the state legislature. Pataki's plan not to approve any tax increases; Negotiations on some type of compromises; Histories on veto overrides.
- N.Y. Governor Proposes Deep Cut in School Aid To Fill Big Budget Gap. Gehring, John // Education Week;2/5/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p16
Reports on a budget cut in education aid proposed by Governor George E. Pataki of New York to fill a big gap in the state's budget. Projected revenue shortfall of the state for 2003-2004; Possible effect of the budget cuts on school districts in the state; Ways in which state legislature's...
- Gov. Pataki Budget Proposal For 2004-05 Projects $1,021 M Insurance Tax Revenue. Eckert, Carrie // Insurance Advocate;2/2/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p5
Discusses the Executive Budget Proposal of New York Governor George Pataki for 2004-2005. Projection of all funds collected from insurance taxes; Effect of tax law charges on funds collected; Growth in life insurance and property and casualty lines of insurance.
- Separate and unequal: Governor Pataki's education cuts hit struggling schools the hardest. Eaton, Regina // New York Amsterdam News;5/1/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 18, p13
Reports on the budget proposals of New York City's governor George Pataki regarding a decrease in the school aid by 8.5 percent. Impact of the reduction of school aid on student learning and achievement; Factors which would increase the severity of the impact of the proposal; Decision of the...