Gov. Pataki Nixes N.Y. Legislature's Relief Plan, Offers Own
- Pataki Nixes Legislation. Morrow, Elizabeth // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/25/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 64, p7
Reports on the rejection of a legislation that prohibits state agencies to procure goods from vendors by Governor George Pataki in Albany, New York. Concept of the legislation; Reason of Pataki for rejecting the bill.
- GOVERNMENT ALERT. // Crain's New York Business;9/13/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p35
This article focuses on several prominent good-government organizations, led by Citizens Union, that have written to governor George Pataki and Albany legislators, urging them to require that the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center expansion go through the city's land-use review process, known as...
- Title Bout. Lothrop Jr., James D. // Kitchen & Bath Business;Dec2005, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p28
This article reports on the decision of New York State Governor George Pataki on October 11, 2005 to veto a proposed interior design legislation that would restrict the use of the title interior design to those who have fulfilled the education, experience and examinations requirements currently...
- Pataki Veto Is Defeated. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31639, p1
New York state legislators voted to override state governor George Pataki's rejection of New York City's 2.7 billion dollar bailout package, setting the stage for a controversial 2.5 billion dollar debt refinancing and sparing the city massive cuts and layoffs. The package helps the city close a...
- Pataki takes New York for a third term. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;11/7/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 45, p3
Focuses on the victory celebrations for the three-term governor for New York George Pataki in the ballroom at the Hilton Hotel. Welcome of the governor; Obligatory praise by Pataki for his political opponent H. Carl McCall; Factors that attributed to McCall's failure in the elections.
- LI issues are heating up for Pataki. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/25/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p51A
Focuses on issues faced by governor George Pataki in his plan for reelection in Long Island, New York. Assessment on Pataki's contributions in the state; Emphasis on the problem of obscure electrical agency in Suffolk County; Confrontations over the Nassau budget mess.
- The Wait is Over. // Broker Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p16
The article provides information on a mortgage originator education bill which was passed to the New York Governor George Pataki. Don Romano, the outgoing president of the New York Association of Mortgage Brokers, has stated during an annual convention that the bill is waiting for Pataki's...
- New York governor calls for new coverage for disruptions. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;6/9/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p4
New York Governor George E. Pataki has proposed creating insurance coverage to protect businesses against disruptions resulting from government actions. He introduced legislation, S. 5390, to authorize the sale of stand-alone civil authority insurance, which would cover businesses in the state...
- NY Governor Signs Measure. // National Mortgage News;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p1
Reports that New York governor George Pataki signed a lending bill on October 3, 2002 that The Bond Market Association fears will have an adverse impact on subprime borrowing in the state.