Kansas' Budget Is Complete, But Revenue Estimates Aren't Playing Along
- OHIO: Budget Battle in Toledo. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/22/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33102, p9
The article reports on the $20 million budget deficit in Toledo, Ohio which stems from a steep decline in income tax revenue in 2009. It notes that because of the budget deficit, Mayor Carty Finkbeiner proposed to lay off 350 employees and implement a number of fee-and tax-raising measures....
- Point, click, file. WEINBERG, SANDY; GALAKOUTIS, MICHELE // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/10/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p18
The article reports that the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (DRS) is requiring taxpayers to pay and file their tax returns electronically in 2014.
- Moves to make online forms less taxing. // Marketing Week;9/27/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 33
Focuses on the development of online forms for tax returns in the Internet by Inland Revenue in Great Britain. Use for collecting customer information; Impact of errors in filling the forms on the budgets of businesses and government; Elements of a good online form.
- INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Interim Results of 2012 Tax Filing Season and Summary of the Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Request. // GAO Reports;3/22/2012, preceding p1
The article presents a report by Washington DC-based Government Accountability Office (GAO), United States on the interim results for 2012 tax filing season and summary of the fiscal year 2013 budget request for the Washington DC-based Internal Revenue Service (IRS), United States. Main...
- Systems, Processes and Challenges of Public Revenue Collection in Zimbabwe. Gideon, Zhou; Alouis, Madhikeni // American International Journal of Contemporary Research;Feb2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p49
An efficient national revenue collection system is the hub of every public administration system and the cornerstone of sound fiscal management. It enables governments to finance budget deficits from domestic sources, thus dissuading recourse to off-shore sourcing. This article reviews national...
- IRS Paid Identity Thieves $5.8 Billion in 2013, Blames Budget Cuts. Katz, Eric // Government Executive;2/19/2015, p1
The article discusses a report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), which revealed that the Internal Revenue Service meted out nearly 6 billion dollars in tax returns to identity thieves in 2013. The report stated that since 2010, IRS has absorbed approximately 900 million dollars...
- IRS loves taxpayers who file via software. Schneider, A.J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/12/96, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p15
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is praising taxpayers who file returns using tax software for personal computers and those who file electronically in Indiana. Increase in tax software package sales; Features of the software; Sending of the completed return to the IRS via modem.
- Internal Revenue Service: 2013 Tax Filing Season Performance to Date and Budget Data. // GAO Reports;4/25/2013, p1
The article offers information on the 2013 tax filling season of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the 2014 budget request as prepared by the U.S. Congressional Committees. It provides data concerning IRS's 2013 performance in processing tax returns, distributing funds and providing...
- NEW DIRECTIONS IN TAX ADMINISTRATION. Caplin, Mortimer M. // Accounting Review;Apr62, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p223
The 1962 budget for the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, which was approved by the U.S. Congress, totaling $452 million and provided for an average employment of about 57,200, an increase in employment of 3,950. This budget carries forward the Service's long-range plans which include strengthening...