Moody's: Tax Caps, Economy Are Hurting Illinois Schools
- Moodys Change Sparks $3B in South Carolina School Upgrades. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32092, p29
Reports on the revision of the credit ratings given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to school districts in South Carolina. Recognition of the key role counties have in managing school district debt; Role played by counties in levying and collecting property taxes and paying school bond debt...
- Moody's Gives Stable Outlooks to States, Localities in 2016. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34421, p1
Moody's Investors Service gave stable outlooks to the state and local government sectors for 2016.
- Spring Branch Blowout. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the election schedule for the disposal of property tax revenue by the Spring Independent School District in Texas.
- Nebraska reforms fuel district consolidations. Keller, Bess // Education Week;09/16/98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p16
Looks at mergers within Nebraska's school districts, highlighting the completion of 40 mergers and a number of property tax reforms. Observation that Nebraska has the highest number of school districts; Statistics on property tax rates; Details on changes in school finance legislation. INSET:...
- Weathering School Cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p31
Reports on the reliance of school districts on property taxes for their funding in Missouri. State budget cuts and aid withholdings of the government; Amount of aid to public schools that was withheld; Ratings of school districts.
- NLR OKs Hike for Schools. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33666, p7
The article reports on the property tax increase approved by the voters in the North Little Rock (NLR) School District, to support more than 200 million dollars of 31-year general obligation bonds in Arkansas.
- Group may sue New York over lack of school funding. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;11/29/2012, p3
The article reports on the exacerbated financing gap between rich and poor school districts in New York due to aid cuts and a cap on property tax increases as stressed by the Campaign for Fiscal Equity.
- One-third of texas school districts face property tax increases, report states. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p7
Reports that one third of Texas' districts is planning to raise property tax rates starting October 1, 1999. Results of a survey conducted by the Texas Education Agency; Allocation of funding to Texas school districts.
- OHIO: Cleveland School Tax Passes. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/14/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33813, p7
The article informs that the voters have approved the increment in property tax in Ohio to raise money for Ohio's Cleveland Metropolitan School District.