As Casino Boom Continues, More Tribes Look to Bonds
- Connecticut's Mohegan Tribe Eying Tax-Exempt Issue, Without Conduit. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p3
Reports that the Mohegan Indian tribe of Connecticut is planning to enter the tax-exempt bond market. Tribe's ownership and operation of the Mohegan Sun resort and casino; Tribe's active participation in the public debt market; Federal tax law affecting Indian tribal governments.
- Indian tribes investigate tax-free funding before power deregulation. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;05/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30632, p40
Reports on the initiative of Native American tribes in the western United States on the use of tax-exempt securities to finance the construction of power plants in the region. Relevance of the deregulated market to the initiative.
- Capital Trust Settles Seminole Tribe Audit. McConnell, Allison L. // Bond Buyer;10/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32742, p1
The article reports that Capital Trust Agency in Florida paid $10 million for the settlement of its Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audit worth $469 million of tax-exempt bonds that were loaned to the Seminole Tribe of Florida Inc. The settlement demands the agency to notify the IRS before it...
- Bill would ease curbs on bond usage. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p6
Focuses on a legislative bill proposed by Congressman John Shadegg to ease restrictions on Indian tribes' uses of tax-exempt bonds.
- IRS rules against tax-exempt status for Indian firm's health care bonds. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p5
Focuses on the United States Internal Revenue Service's ruling that a nonprofit corporation created by an Indian tribe to provide its members medical and nursing home care cannot issue tax-exempt bonds. Failure of the firm to meet certain requirement in the tax code; Agency's ruling that the...
- Court Upholds Legality of Bond Sale to Renovate Chicago's Soldier Field. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p40
Reports on Illinois Supreme Court's decision to dismiss a lawsuit that challenged legislation permitting the sale of $400 million of tax-exempt bonds. Utilization of the proceeds from the sale; Opinions about the court's decision.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p39
Presents information about short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of June 28, 2001.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p40
Presents information about several short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of October 24, 2001.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p40
Presents statistics on short-term tax-exempt securities in the U.S. as of November 02, 2001. Securities for which the data between November 02, 2000 and November 01, 2002 is provided; Estimated rates of the 30-Day commercial paper; Variable-rate demand statistics of Lehman Brothers Money Market...