Walkout by Texas Democrats Could Hinder Legislation
- REDISTRICTING MAPS START STACKING UP. Ali, Ann // State Journal (WV);1/20/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on several alternative plans by the members of the West Virginia Legislature in case the U.S. Supreme Court will not grant a stay in the redistricting debate including the introductions of the Senate Bill 199 January 16, 2012 and Senate Bill 223 on January 17, and the plan by...
- Bird beheading shows our potential. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 53, p17
Comments on the tax restructuring scheme presented at the General Assembly in Indianapolis, Indiana. Assessment on the impact of the proposal on business growth; Scrutiny on the applicability of the bill to the practice of individual rights; Need for reconsideration on the implementation of the...
- Map Flap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p31
Focuses on the criticisms of the Democratic lawmakers on the proposed congressional redistricting map made by the Republican officials for the state of Colorado.
- Reading between lines, of Illinois' redistricting. Green, Paul M. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p11
Comments on the redistricting plans by legislators in Illinois. Impact of reduced districts on delegation to the United States Congress; Role of the General Assembly in redrawing districts; Significance of representations and demographics on redistricting.
- Building the bench, in baseball and politics. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the impact of the release of legislative and congressional district map drafts on the legislative process in Indiana. Importance of the maps on the political party to control legislation; Impact of Republican control of the Senate on the Indiana business community; Criticism on the...
- Gearing Up for autumn. // New Mexico Business Journal;June2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the legislative session on the approval of the election redistricting scheme in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Effect of the legislation on the election districts; Remarks on the candidates running for office; Realization on the ideals of politics.
- Are state budget 'savings' for real? Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;9/19/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p11A
Focuses on the debate over the amendment of the budget bill by various political officials in New Hampshire. Provisions of the bill; Use of the funds in financing several health care services; Effects of the bill on different government programs.
- GOP holds second protest during spending bill debate. IValterAlarkon // Hill;6/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 75, p4
The article reports on the strategy of Republican Party to keep lawmakers on the House floor for hours during debate on spending bills, protesting the attempts of Democratic Party to limit Republican influence on legislative bills on spending.
- RULES & REGS. // Materials Management in Health Care;Jul2003, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p7
Reports regulatory developments in the U.S. as of July 2003. Argumentation on the legislation providing prescription drug coverage for seniors; Withdrawal of the proposal to regulate physician investments in specialty hospitals; Assessment of the Medicare system.