Proposed N.J. Bill Would Bring Voters Into Some Debt Decisions
- Tax on Loan Interest: Welcome Amendments. // Accountancy;Aug1969, Vol. 80 Issue 912, p573
Reports the Government amendments to the Finance Bill. Deductions of tax from the interest paid; General changes on the private finance purchase share management; Application of the tax relief on the interest for payment of personal property.
- Fitch: Chapter 9 Extension Would Be a Positive for Puerto Rico. // Bondbuyer.com;8/6/2014, p7
The article reports that the Chapter 9 provisions' extension over the adjustment of municipal debt would benefit Puerto Rico and holders of debt of its public instrumentalities and public utilities. Topics covered include how the Recovery Act's enactment signaled further fiscal stress levels...
- Electoral reform bill shelved until next session. Santana, Mario // Caribbean Business;11/18/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p46
The article discusses several legislative bills which include House Bill 2959, House Bill 2961, and Senate Bill 1895 in Puerto Rico. It talks about the House and Senate bills involving electoral reform and bills that authorize Heath Insurance Administration (ASES by its Spanish acronym) and...
- Debt Fears Overdone. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p5
Reports the condition of public debts in the Philippines. Decline in the financing cost of the country by some 200 basis points; Initiative of the government to pre-fund the borrowing requirements for the year 2002; Percentage of the bulk of debt of the country.
- Default loans in Bulgaria reach BGN 10 bln. // Regional Today;8/26/2013, p3
The article reports on the 9.9 billion Bulgarian lev default loans of Bulgaria.
- Cut unnecessary hassle of college loans. Mahern, Louis // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p12B
The author discusses the increase in the college loan debt in the U.S.
- Truth in Lending Simplification. O'Connor Jr., William J. // Business Lawyer;Apr80, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p1221
Focuses on the issues concerning the complexity of Truth in Lending Act in the United States. Factors causing the Act complex; Consumer awareness and use of disclosures on the Act; Effect of the increasing complexity of the Act on the creditor community.
- Will Georgia 'Fix' Hurt or Help Federal Law's Case? Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;3/10/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the amendment of Georgia's anti-predatory lending legislation. Possibility of growth in the subprime loan market following the amendment; Provisions under the amended legislation; Factors responsible for the amendment.
- Ga. Legislature Amends Anti-Predator Law. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;3/7/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 45, p20
Reports on the approval of an amendment sought by the Georgia legislature in the anti-predatory lending law on March 6, 2003.