NEWS IN BRIEF
- Solvency Costs Money. // Saturday Evening Post;3/11/1933, Vol. 205 Issue 37, p24
Emphasizes the need to maintain the credibility of the U.S. federal credit. Significance of the federal credit to the country; Outcomes of an impaired credit rating; Implications of a balanced budget on the country's credit rating.
- Southwest: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Sept. 10, 2004. // Bond Buyer;9/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31968, p31
This article presents ratings provided for Southwest states of the U.S. regarding their respective general obligation bonds for a period of one-year, five-year, 10-year, and 30-year. Data for respective bond maturity amounts are provided by the company, Municipal Market Data, Moody's Investors...
- Upgrades Topped Downgrades in 2Q: Fitch. // Bond Buyer;8/5/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34155, p1
The article reports on downgrading of the U.S. public finance rating by the Fitch Rating Services during the second quarter (2Q) of 2014. Topics discussed include impact of the upgrade of the state of New York's general obligation bonds and related debt on June 20, 2014 on the downgrading, ratio...
- Far West BOND-WATCH. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p35
Reports on developments related to public finance in the Far West U.S. Filing of a lawsuit against a Fairbanks electric cooperative by the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority; Affirmation of F1-plus rating for San Jose Financing Authority by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Appointment of...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/21/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31454, p2
Reports developments on public finance in the U.S. as of August 2002. Decline of the trade deficit ; Issuer credit rating for the Central Unified School District; Reduction of federal government budget deficit.
- The U.S. Budget and Trade Deficits: A Simultaneous Equation Model. Zietz, Joachim; Pemberton, Donald K. // Southern Economic Journal;Jul90, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p23
The purpose of this paper is to extend the existing literature by providing an answer to two related questions. First, what role, if any, has the federal budget deficit played for the trade deficit? Second, what has been its impact on the trade deficit relative to factors such as slow income...
- chapter 3: Special Report. // Indonesia Business Forecast Report;2007 1st Quarter, p21
The article presents Sovereign risk ratings by the periodical "Business Monitor International," of different countries owing to their debt servicing capabilities.
- Downgrade a serious blow to P.R.'s production. NEGGERS CRESCIONI, XAVIRA // Caribbean Business;2/13/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the impact of Puerto Rico's credit rating downgrade to junk status by Standard & Poor's Financial Service LLC (S&P) and Moody's Investors Service Inc. on the island's production. Some of the challenges faced by the manufacturing industry, as noted by local industry...
- S&P Downgrades N.J. GOs, Joining Fitch and Moody's. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;6/5/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31401, p3
Reports the lowering of Standard & Poor's rating on the general obligation debt of New Jersey. Basis on the reduction; Factors affecting the debt of New Jersey; Remedy to the debt problem.