Layered Voice Analysis Based Determination of Personality Traits
- Small-parallel exemplar-based voice conversion in noisy environments using affine non-negative matrix factorization. Aihara, Ryo; Fujii, Takao; Nakashika, Toru; Takiguchi, Tetsuya; Ariki, Yasuo // EURASIP Journal on Audio Speech & Music Processing;11/25/2015, Vol. 2015 Issue 1, p1
The need to have a large amount of parallel data is a large hurdle for the practical use of voice conversion (VC). This paper presents a novel framework of exemplar-based VC that only requires a small number of parallel exemplars. In our previous work, a VC technique using non-negative matrix...
- The Voice Box. GATES, RACHAEL // Pitch Pipe;Jul2012, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p50
The article discusses various factors that affect vocal physiology which includes vocal folds, anatomical structure, and pharyngeal cavities.
- TRACKING (ALMOST) INAUDIBLE SINGERS. Carmical, Kent // EQ;Mar2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p40
The article offers tips on how to get close-up to vocals. The author recommends a large diaphragm dynamic microphone set up in tracking inaudible singers. He explains that if a dynamic does not give enough vocal presence, it is better to put up an additional large diaphragm condenser to produce...
- Exploring Academic Voice in Multimodal Quantitative Texts. PRINCE, ROBERT; ARCHER, ARLENE // Literacy & Numeracy Studies;2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p39
Research on students' academic literacies practices has tended to focus on the written mode in order to understand the academic conventions necessary to access Higher Education. However, the representation of quantitative information can be a challenge to many students. Quantitative information...
- Multiple levels of linguistic and paralinguistic features contribute to voice recognition. Mary Zarate, Jean; Tian, Xing; Woods, Kevin J. P.; Poeppel, David // Scientific Reports;6/19/2015, p11475
Voice or speaker recognition is critical in a wide variety of social contexts. In this study, we investigated the contributions of acoustic, phonological, lexical, and semantic information toward voice recognition. Native English speaking participants were trained to recognize five speakers in...
- Online Answerback and Reply-Voice Recording. Thooyamani, K. P.; Murugesh; Kaliyamurthie // Middle East Journal of Scientific Research;9/22/2013, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1861
An auxiliary attachment unit to telephone which injects automatically a pre-registered answerback voice into the telephone circuit, for each unattended call and allows registering the reply message of the caller is proposed. These audio messages are digitized and registered in RAMs. When the...
- Radiological study of range of Respiratory movements in Thin and Over weight individuals. // International Journal of Biological & Medical Research;May2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p1988
Back ground: The study is taken up because it is interesting to know about the physiological variations in the position of the diaphragm according to phase of ventilation, body built and position. Clinical importance in the position of the diaphragm related with hemiperisis of diaphragm and...
- Breathing: A DIY model. Stevens, Sarah // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Winter96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p242
Presents a model for demonstrating the function of the diaphragm during inhalation and exhalation. Materials; Construction; Operation.
- With signal pressures applied: // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Feb96, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p14
Presents information on how the signal pressures are applied. Importance of the switching-valve diaphragm; Details on the input pressure at S-2.