States Face $369 Million Funding Gap In Safe Drinking Water Requirements
- NEW MEXICO: Water Deal Affirmation. Williamson, Ricahrd // Bond Buyer;3/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32838, p9
The article reports on the $55.5 million joint water and sewer system improvement revenue bonds to be issued by the Albuquerque-Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority in March 2008 in New Mexico. The bonds will be sold through a negotiation with RBC Capital Markets. Proceeds from sale will...
- AfDB Board Approves US$ 205 Million Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project for Nigeria. // World Energy News;3/28/2014, p2
The article reports that the board of directors of the African Development Board (AfDB) approved on March 26, 2014 a 205 million U.S. dollar Urban Water Sector Reform and Port-Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project in Port-Harcourt City, Nigeria. The project will provide city residents...
- Municipal water services in Guatemala: exploring official perceptions. // Water Policy;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p362
No abstract available.
- Bridging the Infrastructure Gap. Brzozowski, Carol // Water Efficiency;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p17
The article reports on the U.S. drinking water system which faces significant funding shortfalls to replace aging facilities near the end of their useful life. Because of the large investment needs, water utilities realize the importance of operating facilities as efficiently as possible. It...
- Is strategic asset management applicable to small and medium utilities? Alegre, Helena // Water Science & Technology;2010, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p2051
Urban water infrastructures provide essential services to modern societies and represent a major portion of the value of municipal physical assets. Managing these assets rationally is therefore fundamental for the sustainability of the services and to the economy of societies. "Asset Management"...
- Water system upgrades underway. Wareing, Andrew // Northern Ontario Business;Mar2004, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p37
Reports that Northern Ontario communities have more time to apply for drinking water infrastructure renewal funding under the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Drinking Water Protection Program. Terms of the Ontario Small Town and Rural Development (OSTAR) infrastructure initiative; Assurance of...
- AfDB Board approves US$ 205 Million sanitation project for Nigeria. // World Energy News;3/28/2014, p1
The article reports that the board of directors of the African Development Bank (AfDB) has approved a 205 million U.S. dollar Urban Water Sector Reform and Port-Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project in Port-Harcourt City in Rivers State of Nigeria. The project will provide city residents...
- Sewer Hikes in the Pipeline. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/19/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33733, p7
The article offers information on the approval of Little Rock, Arkansas Board of Directors to increase the Little Rock Wastewater Utility through 2016 to finance construction of facilities needed to comply with a 2001 lawsuit settlement.
- Funds awarded to improve water/ wastewater infrastructure. // Underground Construction;Mar2010, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the 10 million dollars funding received by the Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF) to evaluate new technologies that will help utilities cope with aging and failing water and wastewater systems in the U.S.