Davis-Bacon Act Could, Yet Again, Kill SRF Legislation
- Clean Water Funding Bill Heads for House Floor Vote. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/5/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 9, p17
The article reports on a legislative bill to reauthorize the Clean Water Act in the U.S. The U.S. House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure headed by Representative James Oberstar approved a bill authorizing $20 billion over five years in aid to clean water state revolving funds....
- Highway bill paves way through Congress. Kahaner, Larry // Fleet Owner;Apr98, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the approval of a billion dollar highway funding bill in March 1998, by the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Approval of a Senate billion dollar highway bill which increase expenditures; Comments from Representative Bud Shuster, chairman of the House Transportation and...
- House panel passes highway funding act. // Pit & Quarry;Jun2002, Vol. 94 Issue 13, p53
Reports that the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee approved The Highway Funding Restoration Act. Statement included in the legislation; Highway funding the appropriators' bill would restore.
- House Committee Passes Superfund Bill. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;8/18/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 31, p17
Reports that a bill passed by the United States (US) House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure in August 1999 could spur a congressional battle over Superfund reauthorization. Comments from Lois Schiffer, assistant attorney general for the US Department of Justice; Provision of the...
- House Gas Tax Plan Would Bring $140 Billion to States, Report Says. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/14/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31635, p5
A plan proposed by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee leaders to raise the gas tax to account for inflation would also increase tax receipts by 140 billion dollar, according to a report by the economic forecasting firm Global Insight. The indexing proposal would raise the...
- House Expected to Vote Today on Reauthorizing FAA, Lifting PFCs. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;3/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p6
The article reports on the legislation introduced by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee chairman James L. Oberstar that would reauthorize federal aviation programs and allow airports to work up on revenues they use to back funds.
- Congress On Fast Track To Pass Truck Safety Proposal. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;08/16/99, Vol. 103 Issue 33, p2
Focuses on the approval of the Motor Carrier Safety Act of 1999 by the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure of the United States. Sponsor of the bill; Aim of the legislation; View of insurers on the truck and bus safety bill.
- Spill prevention clarity bill approved. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;7/27/2012, p9
The article reports on the approval of a bill by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee that would clarify requirements facing farmers under the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) rule. The rule applies to any facility such as farms with an aggregate...
- House Committee Acts. // Construction Bulletin;4/16/2004, Vol. 286 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the approval of surface transportation reauthorization by the U.S. House of Representatives Transportation & Infrastructure that funds the highway systems. Inclusion of a provision that would allow reconsideration of the bill in a year; Consideration of a lower amount needed for the...