NFL's Cowboys Get Stadium Approval; Local Battles Loom
- Dallas Cowboys Want New Stadium, and an Authority, Too. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31586, p40
Reports on the plans of Texas-based football team Dallas Cowboys to create a sports authority that will issue bonds to finance a stadium for the National Football League team. Plans of Dallas County to follow the approach adopted by Arizona's Maricopa County; State law provisions that guides...
- Bear Alternative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p34
Focuses on the controversy over $400 million project for to build football stadium in Chicago, Illinois, for which the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority sold bonds during the October 2001. Reasons behind the opposition of local residents; Objection of city residents regarding design of...
- Bad timing delays Dayton, Ohio, minor-league baseball stadium bond deal. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;08/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30453, p4
No abstract available.
- TEXAS: Feel the Burn. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/23/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31249, p35
Reports on the use of bonds by officials in Collin County, Texas to pay the cost of a proposed $60 million stadium for the Dallas Burn Major League Soccer (MLS) team. Sports complex proposed by the county; Information related to the ownership of MLS teams; Details on the structure of the...
- Minnesota agency puts its own Twins stadium plan on deck. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30664, p36
Reports on the Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission's plan to renovate the Metrodome sports facilities. Agency's plan to issue bonds to help finance the project; Proposed bond issues by the cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul to finance construction of a...
- N.J. hoping minor-league hockey arena will bolster Trenton revitalization efforts. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p35
Reports that Mercer County, New Jersey will issue $31.1 million of bonds to fund construction of a minor-league hockey arena in Trenton. Financing of the balance; Debt service plans; Agencies which will shoulder the state's contribution; Optimism that the arena will draw revenues into Trenton's...
- After close margin, Dallas voters give thumbs up to $125 million of arena bonds. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/21/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30314, p3
Reports on the plans of city officials in Dallas, Texas to sell $125 million of bonds for a new arena after voters approved the use of increased hotel and short-term car rental taxes in January 1998. Expected sale of $300 million of convention center bonds to achieve interest rate savings and...
- Omaha arena bill fails to win support for the second time. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;04/16/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30373, p38
Reports on the failure of the Nebraska Legislature to resurrect a bill that would let Omaha seek voter approval for a half-cent sales tax increase to support the bonds for a proposed arena. Lack of enough support to push the bill into the full chamber; Other sources of funds for the arena.
- Midland, Tex., readies deal to fund two stadiums. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p4
Focuses on a bond issue to finance the construction of two sports facilities in Midland, Texas. Value of the bond offer; Terms of financing the projects.