Panel Offers TOB Market Some Safety
- Chances Small for Bill's Bond Provisions. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p4
Focuses on the dim prospects for getting bond-related tax law changes through the House in the United States. Discussion on the proposals made in the Republican wage increase bill; Provisions of the three extenders bills designed to continue expiring tax breaks.
- Residence-based taxation taking shape. du Toit, Charl // Finance Week;10/06/2000, p44
Focuses on the proposed legislation on South Africa's change from a source-based to a worldwide or residence-based taxation system. Efforts by the South Africa Revenue Service to introduce the change in January 2001; Details of the proposed taxation changes.
- Section 527 Legislation Introduced. // Association Management;May2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p10
Reports that the U.S. House of Representatives voted against Section 527, a bill on taxpayer rights legislation in 2002. Sponsor of the bill; Controversial provision of the bill.
- Hungary: The New Hungarian Act on the Special Public Health Tax of Certain Products (a.k.a. Chips-Tax). Dévényi, Péter // European Food & Feed Law Review;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p252
A summary is presented of the bill that covers the Special Public Health Tax of Certain products in Hungary.
- Tax Practitioners and the 'Attribution Rule.'. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p52
Discusses the 'attribution rule' aspect of the Taxation Bill in New Zealand. Measure to counter the avoidance of the top personal tax rate through the use of a company, trust or partnership as a shelter for employment income; Cases when the rule will apply.
- Low Taxes, Sound Policy. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/18/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p5
The article highlights the tax-related legislation being supported by U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison.
- Volume cap hike not in senate bill; Negotiators will decide its fate. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/14/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30499, p6
Focuses on the schedule made by the US Senate to substitute its tax cut legislative bill for a version passed by the House on October 13, 1998. Reduction of tax cuts approved by the House; Exclusion of provisions increasing private-activity bond volume capitalization.
- Tax relief for pension contributions. Lee, Chris // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/26/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4655, p40
A summary of a new tax rules on pension contributions proposed in Great Britain in October 2010 is presented.
- House Bill Proposed To Repeal Tax Law On Sales Of Agencies. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;02/14/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p2
Reports on a legislation introduced to repeal a tax provision enacted in 1999 in the United States. Consequences of the tax provision; Number of co-sponsors of the legislation; Statement of Representative Wally Herger.