Path Clear for $275M Getty Trust Museum Deal
- Ensor gift to the Getty. R. C. // Art Newspaper;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 19 Issue 215, p18
This article reports on the acquisition by the J. Paul Getty Trust of James Ensor's 1888 painting "Les Genderames" from collector Richard Simms.
- Getty boss thinks big and encyclopaedic. Finkel, Jori // Art Newspaper;Nov2014, Vol. 24 Issue 262, p4
The article discusses the view of James Cuno, president and chief executive of the J. Paul Getty Trust, that all countries should establish a national encyclopaedic museum.
- Rome Rises Off Malibu. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p1
Reports the issuance of funds in debt for nonprofit organizations by the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank in San, Francisco, California. Renovation on the villa of the founder of J. Paul Getty Trust company; Schedule for the pre-pricing and completion of the deal; Sale of...
- After Two-Year Investigation, Getty Trust Stays Tax-Exempt. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32203, p5
Reports that the J. Paul Getty Trust has retained its tax-exempt status in the U.S. Tax-exempt bonds issued by the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank for the nonprofit trust included in the investigation of the Internal Revenue Service; Need of the trust to improve its...
- The Getty Wants to Boar You. // CREATIVITY;Sep2006, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p17
The article comments on print advertisements created by advertising company M&C Saatchi Worldwide Ltd. for its new client J. Paul Getty Trust and the leading cultural plum J. Paul Getty Museum of Los Angeles, California. Huw Griffith, CEO of the agency, said that posters and print advertisements...
- Major grant supports MicroGallery. // T H E Journal;Apr99, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p12
Announces that the Getty Grant Program of J. Paul Getty Trust has donated to the National Gallery in Prague, Czech Republic for the construction of MicroGallery. Purpose of the project; Presentation of digitized images from the National Gallery's permanent collections; Future plans on art...
- Getty Director Steps Down. // Art in America;Dec2004, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p160
Reports on the resignation of Deborah Gribbon as director of the Getty Museum in California. Critical differences with president and chief executive of the J. Paul Getty Trust Barry Munitz cited as the reason of Gribbon for resigning; Plan of Gribbon to expand the museum's collection.
- Robert Mapplethorpe, collection and archive. J. P. // Art Newspaper;Mar2011, Issue 222, p22
The article reports that the J. Paul Getty Trust and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (Lacma) in California have jointly acquired more than 2,000 images by photographer Robert Mapplethorpe, together with his archive and negatives.
- The Getty's Blue Period. Ward, Vicky // Vanity Fair;Mar2006, Issue 547, p218
The article focuses on the difficulties being faced by Barry Munitz, president of California-based art institution J. Paul Getty Trust, in January 2006. It provides a background of a case involving Munitz's former curator of antiquities, Marion True, who was accused of conspiring to acquire...