Joe Allen Leaving V&E
- Challenge lost in court battle. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;12/13/93, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p10
Reports that the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit upheld the interest rate assumption made by law firm, Vinson and Elkins in calculating funding for its defined benefit pension plan.
- Law firm to appeal malpractice verdict. Marley, Sara // Business Insurance;8/22/94, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p29
Reports on the appeal by Vinson & Elkins of a legal malpractice verdict of more than $20 million by a Houston jury. Compensatory damages awarded to the estate of oil magnate W.T. Moran; Allegations of the charges; Insurance of Vinson & Elkins by Attorney's Liability Assurance Society Inc.
- Houston is talking... Zeman, N. // Newsweek;9/4/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p7
Reports that there are allegations of a sex scandal at Houston's high-powered Vinson & Elkins law firm.
- Shorts. Sangillo, Gregg // National Journal;7/7/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 27, p61
The article announces the appointment of Christopher Carr at Vinson & Elkins.
- Vinson launches Riyadh operation. Byrne, Matt // Lawyer;5/9/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p3
The article informs that Vinson & Elkins has opened a new office in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, to expand its practice in the Middle East.
- Vinson & Elkins gives up on London finance. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p2
Reports on Texas-based law firm Vinson and Elkins LLP's closure of finance practice in London, England. End of relationship with London-based finance partner Peter Gaines; Plan of the firm to concentrate purely on work from the U.S.
- Vinson & Elkins launches new base in Dubai. Malkin, Brendan // Lawyer;10/20/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the law office opened by Vinson & Elkins in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Plans of the company to focus on Dubai's water, telecommunications, transportation, infrastructure, energy and project finance sectors; Other law firms operating in Dubai.
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;12/19/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33634, p8
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the decision of Vinson & Elkins LLP to stop public finance business, the trading of bankrupt American Airline Inc.'s special facilities revenue bonds, and the decision of Gina Raimondo to run for Rhode Island general treasurer.
- U.S. District Judge Enforces Advance Conflict Waiver. Hinson, Kelli // Commercial & Business Litigation;Spring2013, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p25
The article informs that U.S. district judge Ed Kinkeade while deciding the case Galderma Laboratories, LP v. Actavis Mid Atlantic LLC, enforced a conflict waiver and denied a client's motion to disqualify law firm Vinson & Elkins from representing its adversary in a patent-infringement action.