Colorado Governer Set to Sign Last Of Four School-District Budget Bills
- Colorado Official Seeks Big Changes in Wake of St. Vrain Woes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/13/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31532, p40
Reports on the plans of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to send a team of financial advisors to write a plan to help the Saint Vrain Valley School District recover from its financial problems. Jobs to be carried out by these advisors; Intention of Coffman to support a legislation to eliminate a...
- Elizabeth School District in Talks to Get $1.5 Million Bailout From Colorado. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p7
Reports on the announcement made by Colorado treasurer Mike Coffman to negotiate a $1.5 million financial bailout plan with Denver, Colorado-based Elizabeth School District. Reasons behind the negotiations; Shortfall of funds faced by the district in 2002.
- Colorado Treasurer Halts Loan to School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p2
Reports on the disapproval of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to the loan payments for the Gunisson Watershed School District in Colorado. Reason for the disagreement of Coffman to the payments; Inability of the district to repay the lona; Condition of Coffman to the reconsideration of the...
- Colo. Treasurer Reinstates District Loan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31743, p2
Reports on the decision of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to reinstate the Gunnison Watershed School District RE-J loan. Approval of revised budget; Compliance with the loan obligations to the state; Omission of cuts from classrooms.
- St. Vrain Pays Its Dues. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31905, p31
Reports that the Saint Vrain Valley School District has made the final payment on a loan from Colorado. Financial recovery plan of the state; Assessment of the financial improvement in the district; Warning of Treasurer Mike Coffman on the district.
- Colorado Finally Ponies Up Loan to Strapped School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p28
Reports on the decision of Colorado's treasurer Mike Coffman to give St. Vrain School District a loan of 2.2 million dollars. Plans of St. Vrain teachers for compensating a reduction in their salary; Amount that would revive St. Vrain from its financial crisis.
- Boulder, Colo., School District Says It Did Not Misuse State Loan Funds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/21/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31681, p34
Reports that officials from Boulder Valley School District assert that Colorado treasurer Mike Coffman's request for an audit of the district was premature. Assertion that the school district has not misused funds from the state's interest-free loan program; Views of district chief financial...
- Colorado Review Board Nixes Treasurer's Plan for Fiscal Fix. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p4
Reports on the Colorado Initiative Title Setting Review Board's rejection of a proposal by Treasurer Mike Coffman to tweak two constitutional amendments opponents have blamed for a prolonged budget crisis. Reasons why the board rejected the proposed initiative offered by Coffman; Budget...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/1/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31668, p39
Presents finance-related news items of Southwestern States of the U.S., as of July 1, 2003. Reasons for which school board members of Gilbert, Arizona approved a $249 million budget override; Terms and conditions of the agreement made between Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman and officials of St....