Axios Advisers Planning to Join the Growing Field of Muni Hedge Funds
- Muni Woes Set Off Withdrawal Stampede. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;1/11/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p9
The article reports that financial difficulties with U.S. municipal governments sparked a sell off in municipal bond mutual fund markets during a week in January 2011.
- Weekly Reporting Funds Take In $197 Million. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p6
Focuses on the net inflow of weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S.
- Munis See Outflows for Seventh Straight Week. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32286, p7
The article reports on the net outflows for municipal bond mutual funds, which dropped $137.8 million in the U.S. for the week ended December 21, 2005. The moving average for all municipal bond funds during a four-week period showed net outflows and losses of $130.5 million and total assets in...
- Outflows Dwindle to $610 Million As Investors Adjust to Headline Risk. SEYMOUR, DAN // Bond Buyer;2/28/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33473, p7
The article offers information regarding the net outflow of municipal bond mutual funds by 610 million dollars.
- Streak Ends as Lipper Reports Muni Outflows. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/21/2016, p6
The article provides statistical information on the inflows and outflows of the financial markets municipal bond funds as reported in the Lipper data.
- Muni Funds Still Smoking. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p1
Reports that municipal bond mutual funds' willingness to take on risk is driving their decisions to buy or sell tobacco settlement bonds, as Illinois court case have again raised the possibility of a bankruptcy filing by Philip Morris USA Inc. Plan of portfolio manager R.J. Gallo at Pittsburgh,...
- Weekly Reporters See Inflow of $269.6 Million. Fine, Jacob; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p7
The article discusses the AMG Data Services' report on the increase of net inflows into weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds to $269.59 million for the week ended August 2, 2006. The net inflow represents approximately 73 percent of the assets in all municipal bond funds. Meanwhile, the...
- Rising Interest Rates Hammered Most Portfolios in 2Q. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p6
Reports that all but a handful of municipal bond mutual funds produced sub-zero returns in the U.S. as interest rates rose during the second quarter of 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.
- Following Torrent, Muni Outflows Slow to $383M in August. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p6
Reports on the decline of the net outflows in recent months from municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. Continuation of the bond prices; Reinvestment of dividends and money market fund data; Assessment of the economic conditions.