NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p2
Reports on economic developments in the U.S., as of February, 2004. Decline in the number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Rise of the composite index of leading economic indicators; Auction of discount bills by the Treasury Department; Decline in the business...
- Reading the numbers. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p1
The article presents views of economists on the rising rates and fewer municipal bonds. Higher productivity, a lower unemployment rate, and some payroll gains all helped boost the U.S. economy in 2004, and most economists are predicting only a slight dip in municipal bond volume in 2005....
- The Yield Curve's Tale. Haubrich, Joseph G.; Meyer, Brent // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr2007, p12
The article offers a look at the yield curve depicting the economy of the U.S. for 2007. The yield curve is providing a rather negative view of the economic growth in the country. The yield spread is negative with the 10-year Treasury note rate at 4.78% and the three-month Treasury bill rate at...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p2
Presents news briefs related to the economic condition of the U.S. as of April 15, 2003. Rise in business inventories in February 2003; Decline in manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's region; Tender rates for the U.S. Treasury Department's 91-day and 182-day...
- News in brief. Ferris, Craig T.; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30548, p2
Presents news items about the United States bond market and economy as of December 29, 1998. Includes the increase in the tender rates for the Treasury's 91-day and 182-day discount bills; Standard & Poor's decision to lower its rating on Ottumwa, Iowa's health care revenue bonds issued for...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/25/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31913, p2
Presents news items on the United States economy for the months of May and June 2004. Decline in durable goods orders in May 2004; Rise in jobless claims in the week ended June 19, 2004; New home sales in May 2004; Help-wanted index; Treasury-bill auction.
- Weekly T Bills Go At 2.275%, 2.560%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32042, p2
The article reports that the tender rates for the US Treasury's latest 91-day and 182-day discount bills were mixed as a result of high rate in the past three months. The three months incurred a 2.275% high rate, up from 2.225% last week and as the six months incurred a 2.560% high rate,...
- Treasury 2-Year Notes Auctioned at 0.542% High Yield. // Bondbuyer.com;11/24/2014, p6
The Treasury Department Monday auctioned $28 billion of two-year notes with a 1/2% coupon at a 0.542% yield, a price of 99.916676.
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 0.890%, 0.955%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31808, p2
Reports on the tender rates for teasury bills of the Treasury Department in Washington as of January 2004.