Banc One's Wons Named New Managing Director of Health Care Group
- Big is (still) beautiful! Cordtz, Dan // FW;5/23/95, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on the Chicago, Ill. law firm called Katten Muchin & Zavis. Headcount of more than 350 lawyers; Strategy of deliberate, planned expansion to megafirm size; Office; Differences in the firms' organization and practice.
- A longer arm of the law. Goldberg, Stephanie B. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/20/93, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p16
Features Katten Muchin & Zavis, a Chicago, Illinois-based law firm, and its attempt to carve a niche as a multinational firm. Challenge of getting lawyers in the firm to focus beyond the nation's borders; Effort to attract both inbound and outbound international business; Reliance on local...
- Defections claw Katten Muchin. Anderson, Veronica // Crain's Chicago Business;7/11/94, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p3
Reports on lawyer Mark A. Dombroff and his insurance litigation group's departure from the law firm Katten Muchin & Zavis of Chicago. Impact of Dombroff's departure on the firm's operations and revenues; Departure of other lawyers.
- Chicago firm taps 6 biz attorneys. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;01/17/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 33, p60
Reports that several former lawyers of law firm Troop, Steuber, Pasich, Reddick and Toby have joined Katten Muchin and Zavis' office in Los Angeles, California, as of January 17, 2001.
- Katten Muchin May Expand in New York. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p7
Announces the planned expansion of law firm Katten Muchin Zavis in New York. Firm's specialization in municipal finance.
- Katten rolls out celebs for Duke defense. Anderson, Veronica // Crain's Chicago Business;5/15/95, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p4
Reports that the firm Katten Muchin & Zavis have invoked celebrities such as Elizabeth Taylor and Imelda Marcos to defend their management of tobacco heiress Doris Duke's $1.2 billion estate. Response to a special investigator's report; Concerns raised by the report about the firm's management...
- Weitzman colleague gets a promotion. // Hollywood Reporter;8/23/95, Vol. 338 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the appointment of Karen Randall as managing partner of Katten Muchin Zavis & Weitzman.
- Talent raid raises Jenner's bankruptcy bar. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;5/13/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p3
Reports the employment of former Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman bankruptcy lawyers at Jenner & Block LLC in Chicago, Illinois. Popularity of Jenner for litigation prowess; Impact of the situation on Katten; Benefit of the lawyers on the corporate practice of Jenner.
- Katten imports U.S. Customs expert for new trade unit. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;03/27/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p15
Profiles Robert J. Pisani, director of the trade consultancy division of Chicago, Illinois-based law firm Katten Muchin & Zavis. Career progression; Personal and professional characteristics; Future plans for the law firm.