Muni Yields Fall 4 to 7 Basis Points; $483M of N.Y. MTA Bonds Repriced
- Texas, New York Transportation Issues Take Center Stage. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31628, p35
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority will lead off the activity on May 6, 2003 with its 490.5 million dollar revenue offering being priced by First Albany Corp. in a structure that contains serial bonds maturing from 2004 to 2023 and term bonds in 2028 and 2032. Citigroup Global...
- Two Florida School Boards Courting Retail With $222M in Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/30/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32391, p3
The article reports that two school districts in Florida are selling a combined total of about $222 million of certificates of participation (COP) and sales tax revenue bonds to build new schools. The St. Lucie County School Board is planning to sell $127 million of sales tax revenue bonds. The...
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p35
Presents several charts containing information pertaining to short-term tax-exempt bond yields as of December 13, 2001. Data related to municipal bond market; Money market municipal index of the investment banking firm Lehman Brothers Inc.; Note index of the financial company First Albany Corp.
- Los Angeles seeks Fitch's opinion on $100 million in GOs, COPs. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;08/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30705, p36
Reports on the plan of Los Angeles, California to sell $60 million in general obligation bonds. Negotiation for the sale of certificates of participation through First Albany Corp.
- Oklahoma Authority Finalizes Deal for Native American Center. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/26/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32119, p28
The article reports that Oklahoma Capitol Improvements Authority will finalize its sale of $33 million of lease revenue bonds to finance the state's contribution to a $135 million Native American cultural center planned for Oklahoma City. The Native American Cultural and Education Authority,...
- S&P Warns of Pressure on Five Bond Insurers. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p1
Reports on the uncertainty faced by Ambac Assurance Corp., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., MBIA Insurance Corp., Financial Security Assurance Inc., and ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. due to the magnitude of their exposure in the Gulf Coast region ravaged by Hurricane Katrina. Susceptibility of...
- Municipals avoid overseas turmoil. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;08/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30457, p1
Looks at the performance of the municipal bonds market in the United States as of August 14, 1998. Tax-exempt traders' reaction to developments in the market; Morgan Stanley Dean Witter's winning of general obligation bonds from Pennsylvania; Trading by First Albany Corp. of Dormitory Authority...
- Munis Unchanged in Wake of California's Big Deal. Scarhilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32597, p2
The article reports on the lack of change in municipal bonds as participants focused on a massive refunding from California. Merrill Lynch & Co. priced $4.1 billion of general obligation refunding bonds for California and the bonds mature from 2007 through 2028 with term bonds in 2030, 2032 and...
- WRAP WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p34
Several charts are presented that list the priced securities of several financial institutions in the U.S. including Ambac Financial Group Inc., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., and Financial Security Assurance Inc.