NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p2
Presents information regarding various developments in securities industry in the U.S. as of April 2, 2003. Decrease in the construction spending in February 2003; Decline in Institute for Supply Management index in March 2003; Auction of bills by the Treasury department.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Shields, Yvette; Newman, Emily; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;1/22/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31557, p2
Presents several news briefs related to the U.S. bond market as of January 22, 2003. Selection of Warren Daniels in national public finance team of Chicago, Illinois-based Loop Capital Markets Inc.; Auction of a multibillion four-week discount bills by the Treasury Department; Decline in the...
- NEW IN BRIEF. Hume, Lynn; Ferris, Craig T.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p2
Presents several news briefs related the U.S. Securities industry as of July 17, 2003. Percentage decline in business inventories; Reason behind the increase in consumer price index; Increase in industrial production rate.
- BIDDERS BLOOM FOR BANKRUPT REFCO. // Practical Accountant;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the interest of Interactive Brokers to buy the bankruptcy auction of Refco Inc. by topping an early bid in November 2005 in the securities industry in the U.S. Interactive offered 858 million dollars topping an earlier 828 million bid from a group led by the government of...
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p1
Presents several news items related to securities industry in the United States as of October 09, 2001. Auction of securities by the Treasury Department; Expected trading of Class A common stock on the Nasdaq of electronic bond trading firm eSpeed Inc.; Reason for decline in yield indexes.
- News In Brief. // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p2
Presents several news briefs related to securities industry in the U.S. as of October 09, 2001. Auction of multi-billion securities notes by the Treasury Department; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on economy of Washington; Revision of factory orders for manufactured goods by...
- While I've Got You…. REINEBACH, ADAM // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May2012, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p21
In this article the author reflects on the need to create websites that helps in gaining sellers attractions in public equity (PE) market. It is given that PE firms are looking for solutions that can help them in building a prior relationship with the seller in business dealing platforms like...
- State Regulators Form ARS Probe Task Force. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/18/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32860, p1
The article reports that a group of state securities regulators has formed a task force to investigate whether investment banks adequately disclosed the risks associated with the auction-rate securities they sold to investors in Washington. The creation of the task force which currently includes...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Lim, Yong // Bond Buyer;4/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31618, p2
Presents news briefs related to the securities industry in the U.S. as of April 21, 2003. Amount to be paid by the Treasury Department at its weekly auction of 91 day and 182 day discount bills; Rise in first-time applications for state unemployed benefits in the week ended April 12, 2003;...