INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Telecommunications
- WHAT'S NEWS? // Telephony;2/28/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 4, p25
The article presents a quiz related to the telecommunication industry. Questions in the quiz relate to former WorldCom Inc. CEO Scott Sullivan, the star witness in ex-CEO Bernard Ebbers' fraud trial, who admitted to lying on more than a dozen occasions about the financial well-being of the...
- A House Of Cards. // Newsweek;7/8/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p18
Presents a photograph of a house being constructed for former WorldCom chief financial officer Scott Sullivan. Layoffs at WorldCom, in light of alleged accounting crimes at the company.
- Stealing the Show. Cramer, James J. // New York;6/30/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 22, p38
Examines how WorldCom has committed fraud and the efforts of the U.S. Federal Government to continue funding the company. Plan of Bernie Ebbers and Scott Sullivan to profit by selling company stakes in a doomed corporation; Failure of the prosecution to shut down the operation due to...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Telecommunications. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/9/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 34, p54
Presents a graphical depiction on telecommunications from the investment banking database in the U.S. as of September 2002. Allegation on scheme designed to artificially inflate WorldCom earnings by Scott Sullivan; Termination of employment based on the alleged mastermind on accounting debacle...
- Keeping faith in Asia. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the investments made by international telecom operator WorldCom in Asia. Growth of the telecommunication market in Asia making it attractive to foreign investors; Increasing Internet usage and mobile penetration in the area; Principal competitors in the region; Fiber-optic network...
- Taking a breather. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep2002, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p6
Comments on trends in global telecommunications. Views from an industry guru; Causes of problems at WorldCom Inc.; Recommendations to improve industry conditions.
- War at telcos' top end. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;12/2/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p2
Focuses on the competition among telecommunication service companies to win customers of Worldcom Inc. after the company's bankruptcy filed in July 2001. Opportunities for other companies arising from Worldcom's bankruptcy; Recovery prospects for the company; Advantages earned by different...
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/6/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p33
Reports on the financial performance of telecommunication firm WorldCom Inc. in Clinton, Mississippi as of May 6, 2002. Cash flow; Debt loads; Decrease in the company's stock.
- BACKPAGE BRIEFING. // Telecom Asia;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p48
Reports developments related to telecommunication industry as of September 2002 in Asia. Rate of the global Web traffic in China; Business status of WorldCom; Deal of the Tokyo Electric Power Co. to buy Japan Telecom's fixed-line operations.