INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Healthcare
- Facing the Patent Cliff, Pharma Clings to Blockbuster Drugs. Serebrov, Mari // BioWorld Today;4/10/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 69, p1
The article reports on efforts by pharmaceutical firms to keep their brand drug competitive in the generic space in spite of looming patent expiration. For instance, the patent for Pfizer's Lipitor expired in November 2011. A Lipitor For You program was launched by Pfizer to encourage patients...
- MANUFACTURING. // Caribbean Business;4/8/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p16
Ranks pharmaceutical companies based in 2002 and 2003 sales of products manufactured in Puerto Rico. Abbott Laboratories Inc.; Amgen Inc.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.; Eli Lilly & Co.; Merck; Pfizer Inc.; Schering-Plough; Wyeth.
- 2012 Report on the $200 Bln US Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/25/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article reports an announcement from Research and Markets Ltd.'s decision on addition of a new report from pharmaceutical industries operating in the U.S. entitled "Pharmaceutical Manufacturing" to their offering. It mentions the major companies included are Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Eli...
- Pipeline. // Medical Marketing & Media;Apr2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p12
The article offers news briefs for several pharmaceutical companies including Eli Lilly & Co., Boehringer Ingelheim, and Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
- Two top drugs pull DTC ads. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p10
Reports that Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. and Eli Lilly Co. pulled out their direct-to-consumer (DTC) drug advertisements in the United States launched during the first half of 1998. Decisions indicating that companies are experiencing limitations in public acceptance and recognition of drugs for...
- World's Top 13 Pharma Corporations Profits, 2004. // California Nurse;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the top 13 pharmaceutical corporation profits in the world in 2004. The companies include Pfizer Inc., Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Novartis, Merck & Co. Inc., Abbott Laboratories Inc., Eli Lilly Co., Wyeth, Bristol Myers Squibb Co., Sanofi-Aventis Co.
- US Pharma Majors Face Earnings Slowdown. Van Arnum, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;3/21/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 12, p4
The article reports that Bin Li, vice president and U.S. pharmaceutical analyst with Merrill Lynch said recently that they expect an average of low single-digit earnings per share growth through 2007 among the U.S. pharmaceutical majors Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Pfizer Inc., Merck & Co. Inc.,...
- Drug development: Try and try again. Scudellari, Megan // Nature;12/4/2014 Supplement, Vol. 516 Issue s7529, pS4
The article discuses challenges in drug development for liver cancer by the drug companies and highlights the success of various approaches. Clinical trials of pharmaceutical companies such as Eli Lilly, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pfizer are discussed. Failure of drug trials in hepatocellular...
- TOP STORIES. // MondayMorning;10/13/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on how Eli Lilly & Co. surpassed Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. in acquiring the ImClone Systems Inc. According to the article, the said acquisition is worth $6.5 billion offered by Eli Lilly and the bidding is portended as one of the most successful corporate mergers in the...