INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Enery & Power
- Oil Merger Nixed. // Russian Life;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the suspension of the merger between Sibneft and Yukos in Russia. Disclosure of possible annual revenue from the merger; Percentage of market value; Speculation over government attacks related to fraud, tax evasion and embezzlement.
- Russian Oil Companies Yukos, Sibneft Merge. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/28/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 17, p6
Announces the merging of the companies Yukos and Sibneft. Size of the company in terms of oil and gas reserves; Background on the businesses of the individual companies.
- Yukos and Sibneft to merge. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2050, p9
Reports the merger plans of Russian petrochemicals companies Yukos and Sibneft in April 2003. Implication of the move.
- Yukos rethink. // Power Economics;Apr2004, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the status of the planned merger between Russian oil company, Yukos Oil Corp. and Sibneft. Growth performance of Yukos; Reasons behind Yukos' reluctance to push through with the planned merger.
- Yukos-Sibneft Union Forms World's No. 4 Oil Producer. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the acquisition of oil company Sibneft by Yukos Oil Corp. in Russia. Value of the deal; Terms of the deal; Benefits of the transaction.
- Sibneft Pulls out of Merger with Yukos. // Chemical Week;12/10/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 44, p7
Reports on the decision of Russian oil and petrochemical company Sibneft to call off its plan to merge with Yukos as of December 10, 2003. Request of Sibneft shareholders for a bigger stake in the merged company; Significance of the merger.
- Russian oil threatens OPEC. // BRW;12/4/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p11
Reports on the refusal of Russia to comply with demands by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries to reduce its oil production, which is posing problems for the oil carter. Russia's production of oil per day; Comparison between the oil production of Russia and Saudi Arabia; Merger of...
- Russia: End of the Yukos Affair? Borisov, Sergei // Transitions Online;8/25/2003, pN.PAG
Reports on Russian Anti-Monopoly Ministry's approval of the creation of the merger of the oil giant Yukos with its smaller rival Sibneft, which creates the largest oil company in Russia as of August 2003 and ends speculation regarding the controversial investigations relating to Yukos. ...
- Yukos invites views on deal. Becham, Will // European Chemical News;4/19/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2096, p9
Reports on the invitation by Yukos to its shareholders to give their opinion regarding the proposed merger with Sibneft. Rumors regarding the proposed merger.