- Goldman Sachs Euro HY Indices. // High Yield Report;6/10/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p9
Presents charts and graph depicting the stocks of Goldman Sachs in the U.S. as of June 2002. Assessment of bond rating; Estimation of total investment returns; Evaluation of the high yield index.
- Our exclusive listing. // Money;Nov93, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p125
Lists `Money' magazine's ranking of stock and bond funds for 1993. Aggressive growth funds; Capital growth; Growth and income; Equity total return; More.
- Still Bullish Turkey. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/6/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p19
Reports on the commitment of Turkey to reduce its domestic debt stock. Move of Moody's to introduce a national ratings scale for Turkey; Intention of the Japan Credit Rating Agency (JCR) to review its ratings for Turkey; Rating given by JCR to Turkey's foreign and local currency.
- LATE NEWS. Suttell, Scott; Prizinsky, David; Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p1
Reports business developments in Ohio as of September 2000. Procurement of KeyCorp stocks by Berkshire Hathaway; Sale of software developer Trading Techniques Inc. to Data Broadcasting Corp.; Acquisition of Detroit Avenue Printing by Schaefer Printing Co.; Account of bond rating increase deemed...
- Investor Recognition of Bankruptcy Costs: Evidence from the 1987 Market Crash. Eun, Cheol S.; Jang, H. Jonathan // Multinational Finance Journal;Sep/Dec2000, Vol. 4 Issue 3/4, p221
Examines the behavior of stock prices of individual firms with different bankruptcy risks proxied by the bond ratings in the event of the October stock market crash in 1987 in the United States. Types of bankruptcy costs; Information on the October 1987 market crash; Behavior of the risk premia...
- Bond Review and Rating Change Announcements: An Examination of Informational Value and Market Efficiency. Followill, Richard A.; Martell, Terrence // Journal of Economics & Finance;Summer97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p75
Examines the impact of announcements on both bond rating reviews and rating changes on equity returns. Effect of the down grading of debt on stock prices; Impact of bond rating agency announcements on stock returns.
- ANNOUNCEMENT EFFECTS OF MOODY'S BOND RATING CHANGES OF EQUITY RETURNS. Glascock, John L.; Davidson III, Wallace N.; Henderson Jr., Glenn V. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Summer87, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p67
This paper examines stock return behavior around the announcement date of a bond rating change by Moody's Bond Service. Moody's data are used to clarify the announcement day. The results show that equity returns react around bond reratings. The reratings for downgrades appears to signal the end...
- How your funds stack up now. Misra, Prashanta // Money;Aug1993, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p135
Focuses on `Money' magazine's ranking of 1993's top-performing stock and bond funds. Concentration on mainstream diversified funds; The 40 top equity funds for 1993; The 40 top bond funds for 1993; Objective, style, risk level and minimal initial investment; Information on American Heritage,...
- Cross-Sectional Regularities in the Response of Stock Prices to Bond Rating Changes. Cornell, Bradford; Landsman, Wayne; Shapiro, Alan C. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Fall89, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p460
This paper examines whether a firm's stock price response to the new information provided by a bond rating change is related to its net intangible assets. A variable used to measure net intangible assets, which is based on current cost data, is found to have significant explanatory power in...