WHAT'S NEXT? MOVIE IPOs
- Another IPO Bites the Dust. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/23/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 34, p11
Reports on Civilian Capital's negotiations with a private equity group for the financing of the motion picture "Billy Dead". Civilian's initial target funding; Differences of the film's funding from traditional film financing schemes; Civilian's reasons for abandoning an initial public offering...
- Hawke-ing Stock. Freedman, Jonah // Money;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p47
The article reports that investors are being offered the opportunity to buy stock in an IPO for a Hollywood film. If you've always wanted to tap your inner movie mogul, now might be your chance. Civilian Capital, founded in 2000, is making its underwriting debut with an offer to high-net-worth...
- Lessons in Dealing With the Media. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/8/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p22
Reports that NASD-registered broker and dealer Civilian Capital was asked to stop its initial public offering and clarify any risks to investors before it could proceed. Civilian's financing of the production of its first film "Billy Dead" starring Ethan Hawke; Details of the inaccuracies in...
- Ethan Wants You to Be a Producer. Adkins, Greg; Wren, Jennifer; Chiu, Alexis; Gold, Todd; Keel, Beverly; Mayo, Keenan; Mikelbank, Peter; Norman, Pete; Nussbaum, Gail; Stadler, Laura; Watson, Jeanette; Wright, Katie // People;7/14/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p20
Mentions that the film "Billy Dead" will be the first movie to be financed via a public offering of stock. Executive producing role for Ethan Hawke; Cost of one of the 900,000 shares of stock that Civilian Capital Inc. hopes to sell in order to raise $7.9 million to finance the movie.
- Morning Scan: Square IPO Disappoints, but JPM Protected; Robo Advisers Heat Up. Peters, Andy // American Banker;11/20/2015, Vol. 180 Issue F345, p1
The article offers information on the underachieved initial public offer (IPO) of the U.S.-based wireless payment service Square, as of November 2015. Topics discussed include less interest of investors in buying stock in companies; early-round investment made by American financial firm JPMorgan...
- Visionview focuses on 5-pic fund. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;07/24/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 9, p10
Announces the result of VisionView's equity funding. Amount raised by the company; How the proceeds will be used; Titles of motion pictures the company plans to produce; Details on the deals the company plans to negotiate.
- Coming Soon: First Movie IPO. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/17/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 44, p14
Reports on the release of the first initial public offering for an individual movie prepared by entertainment financier Civilian Capital. Interest of investors in motion pictures finance; Mechanics of the investment deal; Importance of celebrity presence and promotion.
- Snaring the big H'wood pictures. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;11/29/2010, Vol. 421 Issue 3, pA13
The article presents a case study on motion picture production and direction finance, examining how Great Britain has been able to attract location production of films by U.S. producers and motion picture companies.
- EURO FUND FOLLOWER. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;9/16/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 52, p6
The article reports that Austria has introduced its film fund called Film Location Austria, which is worth 20 million euros and will serve as a national incentive for encouraging and supporting international and local film productions.